Power pack woes

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I was running trains yesterday and observed the locomotive lose power as if there was a BIG voltage drop. If I manually pushed it the train would move a little and then stall while the loco hummed softly, apparently not getting enough juice to overcome inertia. Then it would spring to life again, only to slow and stop minutes later. I checked all of my wiring and block connections; everything seemed fine. It finally dawned on me to try running the train with my other power pack and all went well.

The power pack with the apparent problem is a 25 year old MRC Controlmaster VI. Do you suppose I've gotten what I can out of it? Any one seen similar power pack symptoms?
Ralph

C

Catt

The power pack with the apparent problem is a 25 year old MRC Controlmaster VI. Do you suppose I've gotten what I can out of it? Any one seen similar power pack symptoms?

Yes I have. Strange it also is an MRC unit almost 25 years old. You would think they could build one that would last for a little while at least. :D :D :D

Not really complaining here folks.I'm actually rather impressed with anything that last 25 years.By the way mine is a 501 .

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Thanks for the info Catt! That is weird about the 25 years. Guess the warranty finally ran out! :D Time to go shopping! ;)
Ralph