Power distribution LinkHi Eve

Anozira RR

Oct 11, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
Dear kf4jqd ---
I went to the web site. Since I am not a radio buff and I'm electron depressed :rolleyes: , what is the model number and description of the thing-a-mah-jig to which you refer?

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hi Anozira,

first of all, welcome to the Gauge!

I guess Andy mistyped the internet address of this power supply. It is on a different name, namely http://www.hamstop.com/shop_49.html
There you'll find an Alinco 32 Amp power supply. Since this is the one and only hi power supply, I believe it's the one that Andy wrote about.

Surely it would give you power enough for quite a layout! Oh well, for $150 you do expect some power, don't you? :D :D :D

Now that Christmas isn't so far away: There is another source for hi-powered transformers: Have a look at the power sources for the ubiquitous X-mas lamp chains. I remember having seen a 16V / 6 Amp transformer in a shopping center sale for about $30! :eek:
Well, most probably this doesn't help you too much, since I'm living in Europe. But perhaps you might stumble over such an opportunity in the US, too (or somewhere else on the globe).

BTW: The bad thing about this super-sale was, that I didn't buy it there and then. When I came back the next day, the whole stock had been sold out... :( :mad: :cry:

Ron