Posting pictures

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
We do not have a digital camera as yet so all I have are 35mm prints, I would like to post some on the Guage. I have searched around in search and faq but unable to locate anything to explain how to. Could someone assist in telling me how to post pictures. We have a scanner. Many thanks Ron..

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
AND WE WANT TO SEE YOUR PICTURES!!! :D Ron create a folder (for example, my train pics). Scan the picture and to any editing you want to do. Then tell it to "save as". This will give you some options, choose jpeg or gif and tell it to save to your new folder (or if you already have a suitable folder tell it to save to that one). When you write your post for here and are done scroll down and click on browse, your windows explorer box should open, locate the folder and click on it, then tell it to open. It should appear in the window next to browse. Click on submit and you should be done. At least that's how it works for me. Hope this helps!
P.S. You need to keep in under 100,000 kb if its over you can crop the picture some to get the size down.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Farmer Ron,

Just as " that man said".:cool: :D

Just an additional point, When you have found your pic file, and clicked open, only the file name appears next to the "browse" button. You do not get a displayed pic of the file in your post text or anywhere else. This has confused some posters a number of times.

Even though you can select any file type, it will only upload .JPG .JPEG .GIF or .PNG files. When you click "Submit" it copies your pic up the line with your post text.

When scanning your pics, use a scan resolution of 75dpi and an output resolution of the same. magnification of 100%, and "save as" .JPG. This will give you filesizes of about 30 - 45 K per pic, and good resolution for the net, plus a very short upload/download time for viewing etc.

Hope this helps.

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Won't help with the pictures you already have, but when you get pictures developed, you can ask that they be put onto a CD-ROM. Look, Mom, no scanning!