C&NW
DWP(Pre-CN)
SOO
Canadian Pacific
BNSF
UP

doctorwayne

DWP(Pre-CN)

Chris, that would date it pre-1923, when the CNR was formed, and possibly pre-1908, when the original road, the Duluth, Virginia & Rainy Lake, was purchased by Canadian Northern, a CNR predecessor. Those CN roots extend back quite a ways. ;):-D I do understand your sentiments though, as my favourite road was swallowed-up by the CPR.

Wayne

CRed

Chris, that would date it pre-1923, when the CNR was formed, and possibly pre-1908, when the original road, the Duluth, Virginia & Rainy Lake, was purchased by Canadian Northern, a CNR predecessor. Those CN roots extend back quite a ways. ;):-D I do understand your sentiments though, as my favourite road was swallowed-up by the CPR.

Wayne

I did not realize that,thanks for the info Wayne:thumb:.Regardless,I miss the old color scheme,the new generic schemes that have been given to the IC,DWP,WC and DM&IR by the CN really suck.

doctorwayne

......Regardless,I miss the old color scheme,the new generic schemes that have been given the the IC,DWP,WC and DM&IR by the CN really suck.

Hey, I miss the older paint schemes too, even those of the CNR itself, both on the locos and the rolling stock. Most roads have simplified both the colour schemes and the lettering layouts, usually as a cost-saving measure.
I know that there are some who have nothing but criticism for U.P., but you have to give that road full marks for at least not totally ignoring the heritage of the roads that make up the current company.
The CNR itself didn't exist before 1923, when the Canadian government created it as an "umbrella" for a number of bankrupt roads that were considered essential for the development of the country. For many years, it was a drain on the public purse, although they finally got it all together, and it's now a profitable, publicly-held and traded, operation.

Wayne