Porter Prototype (still unfinished)

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by thewoodengraver, Apr 14, 2007.

1. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

I had planned two weeks off from this. But, I was so inspired by CJWalas and his post and comments on my " TWE's Tiny Challenge" that I called it a couple days short to finish. I cut out and glued the firebox and installed it.

I do not want a build thread, I thought I could, but no. Sorry, there will be no pics until I finish. I am taking pics after each step, and they will be included with my instructions.

It has been 4 months since I started this project...time to finish.

I raise my glass and give Cheers to you Chris!!!
  2. thewoodengraver

I had planned two weeks off from this. But, I was so inspired by CJWalas and his post and comments on my " TWE's Tiny Challenge" that I called it a couple days short to finish. I cut out and glued the firebox and installed it.

I do not want a build thread, I thought I could, but no. Sorry, there will be no pics until I finish. I am taking pics after each step, and they will be included with my instructions.

It has been 4 months since I started this project...time to finish.

I raise my glass and give Cheers to you Chris!!!
  3. Clashster

Clashster Member

Thanks for the update, Phil! This has truly been a labor of love, and I look forward to savoring your finished pictures! And being a guy who has been building a model for nearly 17 years, I have incredible patience!
    Thanks!
    Chris
  4. Clashster

Clashster Member

Thanks for the update, Phil! This has truly been a labor of love, and I look forward to savoring your finished pictures! And being a guy who has been building a model for nearly 17 years, I have incredible patience!
    Thanks!
    Chris
  5. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Sorry, Phil, but it's cheers to you! You're the one doing the work! This Porter will be one special model! I wish I had the wherewithall to design paper models like you. I really admire the commitment that all of you designers show. And I'm really thankful for the open and generous nature everyone here seems to show!
    Chris
  6. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Sorry, Phil, but it's cheers to you! You're the one doing the work! This Porter will be one special model! I wish I had the wherewithall to design paper models like you. I really admire the commitment that all of you designers show. And I'm really thankful for the open and generous nature everyone here seems to show!
    Chris
  7. thewoodengraver

You'se guys are sweet as Honey!!! Thank you!!!
    Clashster, what have you been building for 17yrs? Care to share here?

Chris, you are the inspiration here dude! Here you are, messed up shoulder and all, and you're producing!!! I really admire that in you!

I get a paper cut and cry like a baby for a week. (ask my Wife...)
    (no...don't)(LOL).

I am working on finishing the cab interior, so I can install the roof. Among several things, this includes the first dome (for lack of terminology) and I get to see how well my brain sees in 3d. Sure I could have used CAD...but where's the fun in that?...cheating if you ask me!
    Heighway designed his models by hand...not even a computer...least I can do is honor him by following his true path....well...if he had a computer, I'm sure he would have used it...

I can believe what I want...lol
  8. thewoodengraver

You'se guys are sweet as Honey!!! Thank you!!!
    Clashster, what have you been building for 17yrs? Care to share here?

Chris, you are the inspiration here dude! Here you are, messed up shoulder and all, and you're producing!!! I really admire that in you!

I get a paper cut and cry like a baby for a week. (ask my Wife...)
    (no...don't)(LOL).

I am working on finishing the cab interior, so I can install the roof. Among several things, this includes the first dome (for lack of terminology) and I get to see how well my brain sees in 3d. Sure I could have used CAD...but where's the fun in that?...cheating if you ask me!
    Heighway designed his models by hand...not even a computer...least I can do is honor him by following his true path....well...if he had a computer, I'm sure he would have used it...

I can believe what I want...lol
  9. thewoodengraver

Sometimes I amaze myself!
    I fit together the backhead dome...fits like I wanted it to...restores my confidence in my abilities!!!

I have not installed it yet, but I checked the dry-fit and it looks great. I changed the shape of the dome bottom to look more like a wave.

I have a few parts glued and weighted...need an hour before I can cut them out...then I will install all parts and button up the cab.
  10. thewoodengraver

Sometimes I amaze myself!
    I fit together the backhead dome...fits like I wanted it to...restores my confidence in my abilities!!!

I have not installed it yet, but I checked the dry-fit and it looks great. I changed the shape of the dome bottom to look more like a wave.

I have a few parts glued and weighted...need an hour before I can cut them out...then I will install all parts and button up the cab.
  11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Is this gonna be a micro small build??? Like the avatar!!!!

=O

I'd love to see a whole train on a itty bitty track...
  12. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Is this gonna be a micro small build??? Like the avatar!!!!

=O

I'd love to see a whole train on a itty bitty track...
  13. Clashster

Clashster Member

Phil - I have been working on building a wooden model of the Constellation. Being easily distracted, I have worked on it off and on. I am in the midst of moving, so the camera and stuff is put away. Once I get where I am going, I will post a picture of my nearly finished model!

Chris
  14. Clashster

Clashster Member

Phil - I have been working on building a wooden model of the Constellation. Being easily distracted, I have worked on it off and on. I am in the midst of moving, so the camera and stuff is put away. Once I get where I am going, I will post a picture of my nearly finished model!

Chris
  15. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

She Looks Right Purty!

Work of pure genius!8)

Terry
  16. paperbeam

paperbeam Member

She Looks Right Purty!

Work of pure genius!8)

Terry
  17. thewoodengraver

Sneak peek

StevO, you volunteering? LOL
    Clashster, Exactly what I would spend 17 years on! Can't wait to see it!

I finished the cab interior and backhead and installed the roof.
    This is a horrible pic, does not do the model justice, but, I did say no pics...
  18. thewoodengraver

Sneak peek

StevO, you volunteering? LOL
    Clashster, Exactly what I would spend 17 years on! Can't wait to see it!

I finished the cab interior and backhead and installed the roof.
    This is a horrible pic, does not do the model justice, but, I did say no pics...
  19. Clashster

Clashster Member

Phil, you big liar! that sure looks like a picture! But thanks for it! Looks pretty cool!

Chris
  20. Clashster

Clashster Member

Phil, you big liar! that sure looks like a picture! But thanks for it! Looks pretty cool!

Chris