Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Here You go!

Marx Hustler

Athern Hustler (rubber band - yeeeha!)

Who DIDN'T make a hustler?

Good readin'!

I believe Model Power is the only manufacturer curenty offering one of these rascals. e-bay frequently has model power, Lionel, Marx and atherns available. They are fun little rascals, probably not following a particular prototype. If you want something more accurate, go for a e-bay tyco plymouth MDT!

Ravensfan

Oct 16, 2002
planet earth
Visit site
I plan on ordering one from hobbysurplus.com, but I must first check my LHS. If I do order online, I need to get something else 'cause their minimum purchase is $20 and that little guy is only $9.99. I will let you know, though.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
R. we were discussing the origins of this rascal on one of the threads I linked and I suspected the hustler is in fact a porter. This guy thinks it's not based on a prototype, and some of the good folks here side with him. The fact that it says Porter in the name given by the model manufacturer, kinda indicates it might be aporter, sez me. :D :D :D If it looks like a duck... Many model manufacturers have made hustlers over the years with slight variations. It may well be just a typical switcher style and model power may have thought it looked like a Port too and maybe altered it some.

BTW: I know by "diesel" you are referring to it not being steam, but this rascal is as likely a gas mechanical as a diesel electric. You can get over the $20 minimum by buying two :D :D :D They also have a Plymouth DDT at hobby surp., which if it's what I think it is, it's not a very good representative of a DDT.