Poll

Are you a freelance or prottype modeler or something in between.

• 1 - Purest prototypical modeler, I count every rivit and every rail tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 - Proto modeler, do some research, but not too worried about riviets

• 3 - I try to stay reasonably clost to the proto, especially if it's easy to spot

• 4 - I loosly model a specific line

• 5 - I only run real road names and a specific era, but don't model a specific line.

• 6 - I freelance, but it has to have been possible and equipment has to match era

• 7 - I free lance, but try to be very believable

• 8 - I freelance, realism is important, but the story and era may be open and so is equipment

• 9 - I am free as a bird, ribet schmibit, who cares?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
My apologies

My apologies to those who model in G gauge, HOn3, HOn30, whatever. I threw the choices togeter quickly just to see how the polls work. By the way, I'm sure there's a tale to tell on why "N Gauger" models in G scale!

Partsman

Dec 18, 2000
Canada
Visit site
Ha ha ha.

Gee, billk, if you were able to think of everything, then there would be nothing to fiddle with on your railroad.

Wouldn't it be boring if everything went right the first time?:D

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
N Gauger (revealed) lol

Billk, Hi!! My very informal Rail Club, JGBSMF&W RR (Our Emblem is my Avatar) "dabbles" in all scales. Our First Layout was in HO, and measured 8' X 8' in a U shape. It wasn't large enough. We sold the HO & bought N Gauge, we created a 12 X 9 N gauge layout with 120' of track, 2 yards, 2 levels. It took 1,250' of wire to wire all the switches, power & indicater lights, that were on a huge 8' wide X 3' tall Model board with a complete track plan. (That's how I got the name). LOL We now have, after 18 years: an N gauge 2' x 3' Coffee table layout, an HO railroad that "Lives" on the dining room wall 4" below the ceiling, and a G scale 3 tiered 9' x 12' layout in my basement. I hand built a Z gauge briefcase layout and have an N scale Doodlebug running across a shelf at my office at work. LOL
Pics are on the net at:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=898098&a=6539238

Enjoy!! & Thanks for asking! :) Also, the "Name" stands for all the members of the "Club" Janine, George, Bart, Steve, Mike (me), Fred, Wayne, & Rhonda (My Wife)
Keep on Training!!!! N Gauger