Police Tape

F

Fred_M

Xmas tree tensil painted yellow. The POLICE LINE DO NO CROSS lettering might be tough. Only thing I could think of. FRED

Goattee

Feb 12, 2004
Walls, MS
Visit site
cigarette pack pull strip

rockislandmike;
I just opened a pack of cigarettes and happened to think of your needs. The pull strip measurs about 5" and is about 45' in HO.
I smoke Marlbors lights and the color is gold and on close inspection it has Dark gold letters on it.
Just a thought.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
How about chart tape? I think it comes pretty thin and might be in yellow. I've seen it in other colors...sure they do! I've seen pics of people use it to make track diagrams on control panels for layouts.
Ralph

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I like Vic's ideal. Chart tape does come with strips on it, but like any tape, it is sticky on one side. You should be able to take a marking pen and add some black stripes to the yellow tissue paper.

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
I visualize the tape as being about 3" wide, that's about 1/32" in HO scale. I'd try cutting strips off a piece of the real thing - at least the color would be right. As far as the black markings, maybe a fine-point felt tip pen to put stripes on it (before you cut it into the strips.)