Point motors, Peco Vs Hornby

dhutch

Im just about to electrify the 15 or so points on my n-guage (peco code55)layout, and i was wondering what motors to use

- i have two points electrifyed with hornby units, which are screwed directly to the underside of the baseboard, with the pin reaching though a 5mm hole to the point, which seems to work fine, and there a little(8p) cheaper then the peco.

- so basicly does anyone have any option on which manufactor is better?

thanks, daniel

NB, the point are powered directly of DC tranformer, useing SPDT sping center off toggle switches (no CDU)

Pooh Bah
Daniel:
I've never seen the Hornby ones in real life. From the catalogue picture, they look just like the Peco, but with wires already attached.
If they work for you, go for the cheaper ones! Hornby does have a neat little hut that fits over the motor when you absolutely have to mount it on top -- wish I had some for my H&Ms.
(don't be afraid to Mix and match -- you don't need to have everything identical. The Peco may be cheaper next time.)

dhutch

ok, sound fair enough

- i was just wondering if anyone had any problems with eather of them, before i buy a dosen

- as you say the hornby ones are very simular looking, with three very short wires on them, which are wire to the coild via the bi of pcb that holds it all together.

daniel

[edit] i just bid on six unused peco PL-10s and a PL-10E [/edit]