PModels F5E

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cmdrted, Aug 28, 2004.

1. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

This is the first of a "how I did it" thread. Starting with the basic
    PModel F5E (Top Gun aggressor) it had to be enlarged to 1/33 scale. Commonality, big thumbs etc etc. There are lots of ways to do this for unlocked pdfs however, these come locked. The simplest way for me was to get a screen capture program (I used the freeware gadwin print screen) but anyones is ok. Set your screen resolution to the highest possible non flickering screen. This will make your tiles and icons very small. Open the pdf file using the password, Then using the adobe viewer enlarge the view to @300%. Then pan across the various parts pages making sure you get all the parts captured. Don't worry about too large for the screen parts, you reduce them in a bitmap program and splice them fairly well. I use the MGI photo edit program that came with my old dell, but any fairly basic bitmap editor will work. I have the next to latest paint shop pro 8 that can do this without all the fuss but what the hey it works so I'm not fixing it. The hardest part in scaling was the math. Converting 1/50 to 1/33 was easy @ 1.51% bigger. I printed a basic page in 1/50 then did the math then retro reduced the 300% bigger print to whatever the part size needed to be in 1/33 scale taking into account the size differance for A4 pdfs. (get all that? because reading it over has caused my eyes to wobble.) more later......
  2. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Locked pdfs

Lief much as I tried and tried to use your method I just couln't get the blasted things opened. My method though simplistic works for me so far,
    the bitmap images allow colors to be easily replaced and although it seems time consuming it is part therapy for me and most important- fun.
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

OK. Pity. Of course, whatever works, right! - Leif