please help! pepakura chopped up my craft!

Discussion in 'Feedback & Support Forum' started by b0xman, Jun 1, 2011.

1. b0xman

b0xman New Member

ok, drama aside, i've been struggling with this project for about 2 solid weeks now and i'm ready to give up.

but before i do i figure i'd present my problem to those who know this much better then I, and may be able to solve it.

PART 1

i have attached three pics. Part 1 is of my model. I am a comic book writer, and have NO experience with any of this, having said this, pretty cool model, no?

it's of the character in my current series. anyways, this is the model i want to make as a paper craft, for use at conventions or for my fans to make.

PART 2

part 2 is of pepakura after i have opened the .skp file. everything looks good to me! what could possibly go wrong? ill just hit the 'unfold' button.

PART 3

BAM! what the hell? i thought i was making a papercraft not a 3d jigsaw. that is HORRIBLE!

what do i do? what can i do? i really want to have this figured out already!

please help! wall1

ok, drama aside, i've been struggling with this project for about 2 solid weeks now and i'm ready to give up.

but before i do i figure i'd present my problem to those who know this much better then I, and may be able to solve it.

[​IMG]

i have attached three pics. Part 1 is of my model. I am a comic book writer, and have NO experience with any of this, having said this, pretty cool model, no?

it's of the character in my current series. anyways, this is the model i want to make as a paper craft, for use at conventions or for my fans to make.

[​IMG]

part 2 is of pepakura after i have opened the .skp file. everything looks good to me! what could possibly go wrong? ill just hit the 'unfold' button.

[​IMG]

BAM! what the hell? i thought i was making a papercraft not a 3d jigsaw. that is HORRIBLE!

please help! wall1

im sorry, for some reason this thread has been posted twice. today is definitely not my day.

im having this same problem. you can see in this thread what is happening to a fairly simple model... it's really frustrating...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

please help!

that doesnt work, it doesn't recognize the edges as being close together so they wont connet up.

also this would take freaking forever, so not the best solution.

Attached Files:

2. mtfbwu97

mtfbwu97 New Member

hmmmm..... sorry i can't help you much..... but i can suggest.

try to go online and find some video tutorials.... they help me =]
  3. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

trust me

i only have the pepakura viewer, but i know there must be a way. have tried contacting tamaware (the people who made pepakura). apart from that i dont know of any other ways. i look for you.:cool:
  4. PaperAir

PaperAir Active Member

If you right click the mouse it will give you a menu there you will find the tool to join up the parts you want too.
  5. zwave343

zwave343 the human lazor

3d

have you tried making this model in another programk that makes 3d models then uploading into pepakura designer? that is waht this program was made for
  6. JT Fox

JT Fox Member

If the join edges doesn't work it means your original model is made up of independent parts. You need to join them in the 3D before you use PEP3. In Meta you would use the "join closed vertices" command. Hope this helps. Cheers JTF