Played with my new toy.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Well Guys here is a pix..Comments and suggestions are welcome since I am still figuring out the best settings.BTW the Day and date is correct.The time is 3 hours ahead..I forgot to set the correct time. :eek:ops:

Attachments

• IM000023.JPG
    IM000023.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 254

SteamerFan

Sep 3, 2004
LOL, i think he meant his camera. as for that, the pic seems a bit out of focus, but otherwise fine.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Matthyro said:
After all this are you going to give us a few more details Larry?

Robin,That is NS train (not sure which one has I did not have my scanner with me) rounding the Pittsburgh Connector at Bucyrus.The train is will enter the Sandusky Line and head south (RR east) toward Columbus.
This Pittsburgh connector was added in 1998 so the NS could make a connection with their Pittsburgh Line at Crestline.This was the PRR/PC and finally CR's Fort.Wayne line which is now operated by Chicago, Fort Wayne & Eastern Railroad a short line owned by Rail America...

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Alrriiiiight!!! Brakie you finally did it!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Looking forward to seeing lots more pix from you buddy!!! I'm going to be on your case from now on, heheh - layout pix, face behind the name, etc, etc!!

Congrats on the camera! Just think, some guys get socks for their birthdays, you get a digicam. Sure must have raised your kids right!!!

Val

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Val,I plan on posting a lot of pictures over the coming weeks.
I think my kids got tried of me looking at Digi Cams and trying to figure out the one that would fit my needs and got me one for my Birthday.My son is a computer nerd and he basically knew what I needed and picked the camera out.I fully believe once I get the size settings right it will fill my needs.The Godzilla size pictures I took is very sharp and clear(like my 35mm camera takes) but,far to large to post on the forums or send in a e mail.

The camera I have(a HP PhotosmartM305)seems to be great camera..I can add sound to a still picture,shoot video zoom and other fancy stuff I am just now beginning to understand but,for the life of me I can not get the size I need to use down on Auto(point and shoot mode)-yet.
I edited the above picture by using HP Image Zone software which the smallest I can get on my current camera setting is 640 X 480 which is to large to post on the Guage..I have no idea how I manage to post the above picture when its the size size of the others! :confused:

Here is a link to the RRF album page.The link will take you to my album.
http://www.railroadforum.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=16&cid=21

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Larry, it's best to shoot at the largest image size, archive the original image, work from a copy and resize it with a program that allows you to adjust the compression. Xnview or The GIMP come to mind. The GIMP allows you to see the final file size before saving if you check the preview block in "save as". You can find more info in Fred's Posting photo's thread, stickied in this forum, and http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=8969

Info on The GIMP is: http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=7051 and gimp.org (incl download and install info).

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Jon,I downloaded Xnview and heres another pix. This is the T&OC (NYC) station here in town..Its being refurbish.

Attachments

• IM000017.JPG
    IM000017.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 139

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
TC,As you can see I got the hang of sizing the pictures..Of course more to follow..Including a picture of my mug! :eek:
Well I owe,I owe,so off to work I go! :cry: