Planters

rockislandmike

I was thinking about using Coca-Cola plastic bottlecaps for planters at the greenhouse I'm working on. If I painted them terra cota, what do you think ???

I've got plenty here at work that I could take home (no recycling system here, so the bottom drawer of my filing cabinet is full of bottles to take home).

Vic

Mike, that sounds like a great idea to me....paint up some and see how they look....also take a look at some caps like are on toothpaste tubes and etc for smaller planters.....:) :) :)

I have a small prototype greenhouse 10X10...just something I hammerd together:eek: :D I'll bet there's a dozen different sizes of planters and pots in there.

If your model is a commerical greenhouse paint a lot of your pots dark green or black to represent the throw away type planters that commerical growers use.

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Michael, nice idea that, can you post a photo of the finished Greenhouse.

Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

... and keep an eye on those little plastic people, remember: you are ultimately responsible for what they grow!

Vic

And watch out for those plastic plant eating plastic insects:D :D

Try saying that real fast five times in a row!!!!:D :D :D

rockislandmike

LOL Jon, that gave me a good and funny idea. I should probably check with my father-in-law for modeling ideas, though, as he'd be much more familiar with the plant end of it.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Those coke bottle lids are handy. I spray paint them silver, turn them upside down and mount them on a short piece of thick dowel...instant heavy industrial roof vents! Planters would be a great idea!
Ralph