Plank and Tie Mill

camelot

Jan 12, 2003
Perth Western Australia
Visit site
Here are some photos of my recently compeleted Plank and Tie Mill Kit.

This is an old Woodland Scenics Kit , introduced maybe over 20 years ago( I think).

It is white metal kit and very detailed , the only downside being a lot of flash and some distortions with the castings... eg sides not lining up.Not too much to complain about

Well worth the time and effort if your after similar scenary on your layout.

enjoy....

Ian

Attachments

• 000_2425.jpg
    000_2425.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 532

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ian,
Thats a beautiful looking structure, I remember that woodlands scenics rural sawmill as I made it up to display it once. Yours looks excellent with the roof you made for it,plus the extensions I like that a lot.
shamus
wsaw.jpg

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Ian,
Those people were in fact all Model Power and ready painted.Pity I cannot get 0n30 ones like them.
Shamus

krokodil

Nov 20, 2003
Austria
www.railfilm.net
Hi camelot

excellent modelling. I saw your pictures already on the WEB and really enjoyed the details and have got lot of inspiration.

I also have almost all components from Woodland scenic, however I have got the impression that those models are to small for H0. (I use them as carload, background detail etc.) I am now befor the decision what to build for the last empty space of my Ferkel Lines RR, and this model was one of the possibilities (of course in "ordinary size" to fit my real logs).

What is your opinion?
:confused:

ANo10

Sep 1, 2002
Midland, Texas
Visit site
Camelot,

Excellent modeling of the Plank & Tie Mill. And great closeup photo's.

I can commensurate with you about the amount of flash and the sides not lining up. I gave up on the one I put together and went with scale lumber. I also have the other kit, the Rural Sawmill waiting to be assembled.

Jim

ANo10

Sep 1, 2002
Midland, Texas
Visit site
John,

There are two separate kits. The one that Camelot modeled is WS Plank and Tie Mill, the one that Shamus modeled is WS Rural Sawmill. And yes they are still available.

Jim

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hello Jim,
Welcome my good friend, how the hell are you?. Nice to see you in here.
Shamus

ANo10

Sep 1, 2002
Midland, Texas
Visit site
Shamus,

Thanks for the welcome. I've had some down time so I'm able to come and visit. Hope to be able to return an post more in the future.

Jon, Apologize for misspelling your name in the above post.

All have a good day,

Jim

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Great looking kit, Jim, and no prob. on name. I see my first or last misspelled more often than not. When I order pizza, I tell them "Smith" weather they want first or last name. You can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay, but you doesn't have to call me Johnson...

Thanks for the info. on the kits!