Planing Mill From an old M/R mag

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Chris,
Great looking mill, hope you got permission from MR to publish the article, otherwise there might be a problem with copyright.

cheers
Shamus

justind

Jul 8, 2001
Provo, UT, USA
You've only duplicated the photo's not the articles (at least I can't read that), and you have credited MR, hopefully that is enough. As long as it is not for profit (which it isn't). But mass distribution on the web like that, they may care about. It is hard to know what you can and can't do anymore.

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
It is from the Sept 1976 issue of MR, I have it in my projects box. Going to scratchbuild it for my an area on the upper part of my layout. Take the logs from the loading area to the sawmill, then the rough wood up to this plainer mill. Hopefully get at it this fall. This is an excellant article, gives you good ideas on scratchbuilding with wood as well as weathering wood...Ron

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
I wouldn't mind a photo of that mill myself to scratchbuild, could do with them around A4 size, no text is needed, just the piccies, any offers. :D:D:D

Shamus
waver.gif

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Shamus: If you want I still have your address from sending money for CD, which is great-many thanks, I have the magazine in my train room, I can copy the article for you and send it off if you wish, it will give you the dimensions. I just got into work so will send it off tomorrow if you want. Ron..

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Chris,
Many thanks for the scan job, well worth it for me to see how big it will be in 0 gauge.
shamus