Pitures of railyard

cedarcreekrr

I was at the local histrorical museum on sunday and took a few pictures of the surround area. I hope you enjoy. The yard office is the only old B & O building left. Gone is the roundhouse, car shops, depot etc. just a modern terminal know.

Attachments

• frieght2.jpg
    frieght2.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 93
  • yard.jpg
    yard.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 97
  • yo.jpg
    yo.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 90

railohio

Garrett is just a shell of it's former self. I'd say only half the trains that pass through there change crews and fewer than that work. From what I remember the museum was the former freight house. Is that correct? I've never been in there before. Also, the brick building pictured is a MoW storehouse; all the office functions are combined into the new blue building across the road.

cedarcreekrr

Yes, the museum is the former freight house and thanks for the info on the building. The basement of the frieght house is home to the local model railroad club. they had an open house that attracted 500 hundred vistors and they brought 100 locomotives to run on the layout.

railohio

I've a few dozen shots of Garrett filed away somewhere, though apparently none are scanned yet. I've not spent much time around the yard and I haven't been back there for a few years since my last friend to work out of there transferred to another terminal. There's a surprising amount of material to work with along the line still and I've spent a good bit of time shooting around Hicksville and St. Joe. I do need to get farther west to shoot, I don't believe I have any photos between Walkerton and Garrett, though I've been out on a few scouting trips already. Would you mind if I hijacked your thread and posted some other CSX terminal shots I do have scanned?

railohio

CSX4298OfficeWillardOH9-11-04Master.jpg.29600.jpg

It seems this is the only one I already had uploaded. Anyway, this is the west end of the Willard (Ohio) yard as viewed from the Section Line Road overpass. This is one of the pullers putting together trains, note that it doesn't have a set of road power on it yet. I'll have to dig through the files on this computer and see what else pops up. I'm sure I have more from other yards to add.

railohio

CSX7360CumberlandMD3-23-03.jpg.54685.jpg

I suppose I should look before I speak, eh? This is the eastbound Q134 making a setout at Mexico tower, the east end of the Cumberland, Maryland yard. This setout would soon get its own road power and continue on to Newport News as the Q130.