Pittsburgh Area

Lionelalltheway

Jun 7, 2006
Hey everyone:wave:
I live in fairly rural area near Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, I was wondering if anyone else lived in the area of PIttsburgh and if they model anything from Pittsburgh. So I figured I would start a thread with pictures of our Pittsburgh based models and/or layouts. I'm still new to scratdh building so I haven't build any Pittsburgh based models yet, sorry.

I hope there are some Pittsburghers out there:D

Lionelalltheway

Jun 7, 2006
I did findan old picture in my stuff of the 1936 flood in tarentum, A town just up the allegheny from pittsburgh. The flood hit the city very hard as well, I believe. Plus it includes some railroad structures too.:thumb:

Attachments

• 1936#2.jpg
    1936#2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 90

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
Pittsburgher here

Hi.

I live in Monroeville, and model only pittsburgh in N scale. I've done layouts of B&LE, Unity railways, Turtle creek railroad, and this is my 2nd Union railroad layout from Duquense to North Bessemer. About 60% done. I am an engineer for CSX, but since I hate them, I don't model them, ha.

I'm a historian of sorts for the area, have tons of pics and maps, and can help ya out if you need.

Here's a pic of my layout recently...

a 5 unit URR train pulls misc north past a coal train on the Turtle Creek viaduct under the Westinghouse bridge.

I just started to paint this bus, lots of details left to do.

I have to scratchbuild most everything on the layout. The viaduct, and former offices in the back (almost finished), are from plain styrene.

Attachments

• tcviaduct1.jpg
    tcviaduct1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 75
  • bus1.jpg
    bus1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 78

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
csxengineer said:
Hi.

I live in Monroeville, and model only pittsburgh in N scale. I've done layouts of B&LE, Unity railways, Turtle creek railroad, and this is my 2nd Union railroad layout from Duquense to North Bessemer. About 60% done. I am an engineer for CSX, but since I hate them, I don't model them, ha.

I'm a historian of sorts for the area, have tons of pics and maps, and can help ya out if you need.

Here's a pic of my layout recently...

a 5 unit URR train pulls misc north past a coal train on the Turtle Creek viaduct under the Westinghouse bridge.

I just started to paint this bus, lots of details left to do.

I have to scratchbuild most everything on the layout. The viaduct, and former offices in the back (almost finished), are from plain styrene.

That looks great ! I also live in the Pittsburgh area (Shaler/ North Hills ) . I have works over there in Turtle creek. The North Hills like Turtle Creek is by no means "rural". I have been modeling The general Pittsburgh , North Hills area in my layout as well , no place specific though. Rolling hills , small towns with lots of older tightly packed buildings and planned suburban neighborhoods nearby. Very challenging modeling to say the least.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 68

PennGreensburg

Oct 15, 2006
I'm from Greensburg PA. I model a fictictous branch line near Greensburg in early conrail 1977-1983. All N scale. Will probably be moving closer to town before the holidays.