Pink Grain Hopper

F

Fred_M

Remember these pink grain cars? Seen this one today at the MFA plant in Aurora Missouri and snapped a pix of it. It's getting pretty faded. Fred

Attachments

• pink.jpg
    pink.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 170

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Cool, now I have seen the prototype!

I have 4 of these hoppers in HO, plus a couple of Klemme, Ralston-Jefferson, and Albert City.

air.jpg

Rusty Spike

Dec 5, 2003
Mankato, MN
Visit site
I played little league baseball in Farnhamville, Iowa back in the early 80s. When I saw this car I had to put one on my layout. Farnhamville is a town in the flattest part of Iowa, it has about 150 residents but does have a huge cooperative grain elevator.

F

Fred_M

Funny thing Tom, if you yahoo search Farnhamville in images you get 6 pictures, 3 are of you models. Didn't Athearns offer them in HO? Fred

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
dash10 said:
Funny thing Tom, if you yahoo search Farnhamville in images you get 6 pictures, 3 are of you models. Didn't Athearns offer them in HO? Fred

Now that is getting scary! :eek:

I have four Farnhamville hoppers. Three are MDC and one is Athearn. The Athearn is part of a ten car set (I think it was 10) of Midwestern Grain Co-op hoppers that were released as Walthers kits. I have several of the cars. Another pink one is the Albert City from that set. I have a couple of Klemme hoppers but without looking I am not sure if they are MDC or Athearn.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I have a pink Klemme that I bought at a flea market. My wife remembers seeing them as a kid in Northwest, IA so she enjoys seeing it on my layout.
I'd guess its an Athearn.
Ralph

Attachments

• klemme.jpg
    klemme.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 106

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I plan to take a trip down to the BNSF yard here in Council Bluffs as there is always a long string of grain hoppers lined up to go south to Kansas City. I have spotted several Klemme pink cars and will look for some of the others. Hopefully I'll remember to take the camera along!!

Bob