Pictures of The Nomad Valley R.R.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
I hope this works.:D The buildings are all paperstock for now, just to give me ideas of placement and space. Track is all atlas code 100 on cork. I didn't use foam, gluing everything down seems to permenant to me. I still have a lot of ties to fill in, that were cut out from a older layout, when I tried using magnets(which I am glad to get rid of). As always, comments are welcome.
Loren

Attachments

• 000_0688.jpg
    000_0688.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 154

pooka2hot4u

May 30, 2006
hhm nice layout, wish i had all that space to work with, but alas i must stick my layout under a bed for the night :rolleyes:

always liked turntables

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Great Pics, Nice layout so far, can't wait to see some more pics!!

pooka2hot4u said:
hhm nice layout, wish i had all that space to work with, but alas i must stick my layout under a bed for the night :rolleyes:

always liked turntables

Sure hope your bed is built well, that would be a disaster if it collapsed!!!:cry: :cry:

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I like it. A fair amount of running space and switching potenial. I've got the same atlas turntable. If you're going to run a steamer, make one of your enginehouse tracks so you can run right across the TT without having to turn it. That's what I have to do with my Hudson.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Thank you all for the kind comments. Good idea Glen, I am hoping to have room for a roundhouse, so that would work great. But, my curves are pretty tight, so I doubt if I can run anything that big.
Loren

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Great start to what is shaping up to be a VERY nice and enjoyable layout.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
CCT70, thanks for the nice comment. This is the third layout I have built in the last year because I get kicked out of the area I am using, I am tired of building, I want to run trains, not power tools, so I hope to keep this one for quite a while. Thanks to all the help I got here with the track plan, I really enjoy operating it.:D
Loren