Pictures of Stan's Tanks?

Transman

Jan 14, 2004
Philly
Visit site
Anybody have any pictures of stuff by Stans tanks,or stuff similar.
Stan is at East coast train shows and was at Greennburgs in Ft. Washington in Dec.
I'd like to scratchbuild some platforms for tank cars or locomotive service yards.
Anybody has pictures of anything similar in any guages I'd appreciate it.
I'm good at copying but have no artistic vision
Thanks
Joe

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Is this the type of thing you are after?

The tank is 1/2" PVC pipe end caps (around 3/4" OD)

rivets were rolled out onto thin strips of styrene with that sewing pattern transfer tool and glue on.

The tank painted automotive silver and sprayed with inkahol or latex dark wash.

The base is one piece of basswood with the individual boards scribed into it before treatment with inkahol.

Attachments

• ot8.jpg
    ot8.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 194

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Joe!
Welcome to The Gauge!:)

I'm not familiar with Stan's Tanks, but I can show you a couple of pics of a tank loading facility I scratch-bashed for the chemical plant on my N scale layout...it's an open platform, with some valves, piping, & pumps that I cobbled together, a pumphouse, & pipebridge going to tans on the other side of the track...

Attachments

• mvc-020f.jpg
    mvc-020f.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 187

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
...here's a slightly closer view of the platform itself...
Hope this helps!:)

Attachments

• mvc-019f.jpg
    mvc-019f.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 194

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Very cool platform, Charlie!

I'm not entirely sure its purpose, but judging by that LPB, it looks like a lot of work is involved! :D

George D

Aug 28, 2003
Yorktown, VA
Visit site
Speaking of tanks, here’s a small industry with tanks that I built on our club layout. EF GAS WORKS refers to our three elder farten members (I’m one). It’s made with 2" pipe and caps with the walkway hiding the seam. I'll let you guess what's stored in the tanks. :)

George

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Originally posted by belg
I have a feeling that were talking to ourselevs guys there's no response to any of the questions we've asked. Well you cant say that we didnt try.Pat
That happens occasionally where someone posts a question then just fads into the backdrop. However, we did get a bunch of fine shots of tanks so that makes this thread worthwhile doesn't it?.:thumb: :thumb:

Don

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
It absolutely was worth the effort but I think a little rude of our newbie. I know myself when I first started posting I couln't wait for the responses to come in. He probably posted in more than one forum and got an answer somewhere else first. Maybe he'll be back for help on something else and we will try to help him again because that's what we try to do. Pat

Don were are you moving too?

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
... Maybe he'll be back for help on something else and we will try to help him again because that's what we try to do. Pat
Pat,
I spent quite a few years on another forum dedicated to a desktop publishing program and the same thing happens there. People ask for help and never seem to return. And if they come back with another question, they get the same effort to help them once again.

Jon is right, there may be a dozen different reasons why, but it really isn't good netiquette no matter what.
Don were are you moving too?
We are moving about 40 miles closer to Phoenix into Surprise which is in the NW corner of the Phoenix metro area. it will be a lot easier to get to any LHS and maybe get to see Verne Niner once in a while. Best of all, I get two adjoining rooms to use for my den and train layout as I see fit.:thumb: :thumb:

Don

Transman

Jan 14, 2004
Philly
Visit site
Hey George and Charlie,thanks for the pictures,that is pretty close to the ideas I'm looking for.I also want to make a couple of loco and tank refueling platforms.
Thanks for all the ideas guys
Joe