Pictures from OZ (16)

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
DeniliquinLever.JPG

Things rusty. On the disused line between Tocumwal and Deniliquin (New South Wales)

DeniliquinSignal.JPG

I think things "stopped" on this line a long time ago!

DunedooStation.JPG

Dunedoo station (pr. DUN-EE-DO) New South Wales, about 3 hrs north west of Sydney. Only freight on this line these days.

DunedooSignalBox.JPG

The working signal box at Dunedoo.

DunedooPub.JPG

More railways, more pubs!

PortStephens.JPG

Nothing to do with TOOTing, just where I stayed with some friends for four days last weekend. House right on the beach. Port Stephens on the New South Wales central coast, about 3hrs drive north of Sydney. Very relaxing!

TOOT!

[This message has been edited by Woodie (edited 06-29-2001).]

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
RoryG from lasow.

The Hotel Dunedoo is very typical of raliway heritage of Australia. The local pub and station are one and the same. Where the raliway ended up, hotels of this arhitecture also were built. (i've posted a few other pics of similar pubs). Even in the suburbs of Sydney and Melbourne you will see examples of this hotel (pub) architecture at stations as the railways were expanded.

TOOT!

PS. wait.... wait.... wait for the next train... sip sip slurp slurp.... HIC! OOOOPPPPS.... missed it! sip sip slurp slurp..... HIC! That's what they were built for!
smile.gif

George

Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Woodie,

The Hotel in Dunedoo looks right out of the old west in America. I especailly like the semaphore shot. Are they still widely used around there?

Thanks for the pictures, any great whites off that beach?

George.