Picture of the Week Info - Where?

paperbeam

Hi!

I think I asked this before and was provided with the info for a previous one (thanks) but no instructions on how to go about finding it?

Where's the info behind the picture?

Thanks!

Terry

C

cgutzmer

They go into the gallery hall of fame after their week, before that you need to ask in a thread :)
Chris

Ashrunner

I post all the past POTW for this year in the 2007 Hall of Fame gallery. Along with the photo, I add the URL where the photo came from.

I have put in a request that clicking on the POTW takes the person to the current gallery.

Ashrunner

I post all the past POTW for this year in the 2007 Hall of Fame gallery. Along with the photo, I add the URL where the photo came from.

I have put in a request that clicking on the POTW takes the person to the current gallery.

MOS95B

cgutzmer said:
They go into the gallery hall of fame after their week, before that you need to ask in a thread :)
Chris

Well, I'm asking.... Where did this weeks pic come from?!?!?!

must...

have...

Mater...

:-D

Ashrunner

I post a link to the thread the photo came from after the image has completed its POTW honors. I would like to be able to post a clickable image which will go directly to the thread for the week the photo runs, but I don't have the skills to do that. Besides, right now, clicking the POTW image takes the person to the Hall of Fame and I think if I did figure out how to make the image clickable, it would conflict with that operation.

At the end of June, I will produce another POTW Gallery PDF with the weeks the image ran. We will run a semi-annual (or however it is referred to...anyone know? Maurice?) Picture of the Year contest for the first half of the year, then one for the second half and have a face-off of the two winners to determine the POTY.

I figure to do this as selecting one image from 50, will be rather difficult. However, doing it from 25 will be easier.

Nekayah

Picture of the Week

Thanks, but does it HAVE to remain a secret during the week it is posted? If people ask about an image while it is posted as the Picture of the Week, surely it would be possible to respond here with the relevant information?

Sorry: I should have clicked on the reference in Maurice's contribution.
Thanks, Maurice.

BARX2

Wouldn't it help if there were just a small caption under the picture to identify who made it? I have always thought it was strange that the POTW had no caption and left me wondering who the builder was. :?

Ashrunner

BARX2 said:
Wouldn't it help if there were just a small caption under the picture to identify who made it? I have always thought it was strange that the POTW had no caption and left me wondering who the builder was. :?

I could probably do something like that. Like you said, it would give some info on the picture.

Nekayah and others...I'll check with Rick about the idea of starting a new thread which will strictly be for the POTW info. Folks can go there and see where the picture came from. It will also allow the owner to comment on the build or whatever.

But remember...my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be. It may be a while before it becomes habit (and when I do start the thread/topic/whatever, I am sure the good folks here will remind me of my failings. 8v)

kenw

As it's my photo everyone is talking about at the moment, maybe I shouldn't comment, but....

I can't believe our SUPER MODERATOR can link the photo to the Hall of Fame gallery and not link it to another page.
Maurice did it in post #10 in this thread.
(BTW My thanks to Maurice and everyone else for their very nice comments. I can't believe my first bit of model making for decades has created such interest!)

Ashrunner - If you do need to link it to the Hall of Fame, surely you could update the Hall of Fame page to include the current Photo of the Week at the same time as you update the Photo of the Week.
That would save a lot of people getting frustrated.

I hope this doesn't upset anyone. I really do appreciate the amount of work that moderating involves.

Ashrunner

kenw said:
I can't believe our SUPER MODERATOR can link the photo to the Hall of Fame gallery and not link it to another page.

It's not so much a problem for me, as it is a function of the administration. Pete has a lot of things to do and this most likely isn't high on the priority list.

As whatshisname said to other whatshisname in that show whose name I don't remember, "Patience, Grasshopper." 8v)