Pics of the ACSG layout @ Neuse River Train Show

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by TR-Flyer, Dec 6, 2002.

1. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Hi:
    Thought i'd share some photos of our clubs modular layout from our November show in Raleigh, NC. This show is put on by a local club and is one of the best that we attend in our area. The people are great to work with and the public seems to respoond enthusiastically to our being there. Plenty of vendors and layouts.

This first shot shows our overall layout. This one is 42'x 18' with a yard crossover. We ran two inner loops and one long outer loop. All AC although we can run DC if someone brings an engine that requires it. That's an O gauge layout in the forground and about a 60'x 20' HO layout to the left. Both of them were well done.

Attached Files:

2. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

This is one of our member's, who came from Virginia to play trains with us, mini yards. It shows all original Flyer equipment with the exception of a couple of the circus cars.

Attached Files:

3. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Another member laid out this plasticville village area. He has omitted the roadbed under some of the track so we can install operating car trips and power strips if a member brings them to the show. We never know what teh layouts will look like until we start settign them up. Most of the modules are just "grass" and track when they arrive at the show.

Attached Files:

4. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Doncha just hate amaturs? That last picture was two modified AF engines one of our members produced. They're both gorgeous the one onthe left has been painted in the Southern scheme, The one on the right, smoking away as only a Flyer can do, is done up as a Rock Island line unit.

This is the Plasticville photo i was supposed to post last time.

Attached Files:

5. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

The next few photos show why i have so much fun at these shows and why i like running AF. The kids have a good time at our layout, and so do i.

Attached Files:

6. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

More smiles.

Attached Files:

• kid2.jpg
      kid2.jpg
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
  7. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

I think he just saw the train he had when he was 7. His daughter is trying to figure out why that train is smoking, and how do those people in the tower move?

Attached Files:

• kid3.jpg
      kid3.jpg
      File size:
      58.5 KB
      Views:
  8. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

This is what makes our layout so much fun. We have button boards all around the perimeter of our layout. Had 48 of them at this show. Each one operates an accessory of some sort. So the kids, old and young, get to help us run the railroad.
    These are on one of my four modules.

Attached Files:

9. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

I think if the buttons were a little closer together he'd try for four at once.

Attached Files:

10. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

This is a shot of two of my other modules. The Neuse River club helps the boy scouts earn a merit badge in railroading while they're at the show, so we get a lot of scouts on Saturdays. they have to learn what different shistle signals mean, what's an 0-8-0, etc.

Wanted to share with you what i'm doing right now. Most of you folks are into making beautiful scale layouts, modules and dioramas, and they are quite lovely. Our club has a few folks that model 1:64 scale layouts. One member couldn't find a car model of the real one he wanted so he carved it out of a block of wood and added wheels. It's unbelievable! We're starting to talk about increasing our level of care in track work so we could run some scale equipment on at least part of the layout. At this point the club is more action oriented. We just play with our trains and have fun with them, making smoke, noise and commotion. Us and all the kids.

Attached Files: