Pics of night out at Halten Radial Museam

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Friends.

First, let me say it was a memory making night. Of the group only four made it, and Harold came with his lady friend Kathy who had her first traction night out :D
After a good nosh at the Mohawk INN (recomended),we braved the cold wind but the night air was pleasant and we stepped back in time to ride the radials;) .
The Museum operates only on cotributions from fans and the days ticket sales:) .
The hard restoration work is all done by skilled volenteers and the eager to help traction nuts, also the operators are volenteers.
We are very grateful to all and take our hats off to you.
We hope you enjoy the photographs and get the urge to go and ride the radials..................:p

Yep Santa likes Traction toooooooooooo:D

Attachments

• santa.jpg
    santa.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 119

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
This is what I came to ride my favourite London&Port Stanley #8
Droooooool.
When the motors started to hummm and the wheels gave off that old familier sound AND the motor man tooted the toot.
OOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I liked it a lot ;) ;) ;)

Attachments

• 8 ready.jpg
    8 ready.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 106

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Chris, thats looks a very enjoyable way to spend some time. Wish I could have seen that, and been there also.

Shamus
wink.gif

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Originally posted by interurben
Dave about to board the Montreal & Southern Counties, It is beautifuly restored.

I have plans to scratch build a car like this in a back issue of MR. It's in O-scale, but let me know if you are interested.

Andrew

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi Dave, so you did make it after all, pity we did`nt have that natter , but sooooon we hope:D We missed the railgrinder ride
I`m still made up over #8 .
see you soon .

Hi Andrew that is a great project hope to see the week by week progress on the forum;) ;)
If it`s no trouble can you send the plans? :)

Spit hope to see you next time, but there is rumblings abroad that YOU are building a railway ??????
:D ;) :) :)
And Jon DONT TELL A SOUL:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey Shamus maybe its time to leave the UK for a trip look what you missed;)
Glad you liked the pics, the boys and I made some more memorys
to look back on:)