pics of new warehouse

Mar 8, 2003
eddielandreth.boche.net
Here's some pics of the recently completed warehouse I just finished up for the layout. It's the Walthers REA (Railway Express Agency) structure which I made as a flat, using the back wall as another front wall to make the structure appear twice as big. Then used sheet styrene to fill out the additional roof area needed. Mounted it on 1/4" masonite and laid a spur in front of the loading dock so I can drop it into the layout and just connect the necessary trackage. (Man, painting all those windowsills about made me go blind! :eek: )

Front view:
warehouse2_1.jpg

Angle view:
warehouse2_2.jpg

The yard manager has come over to discuss the day's car movements with the warehouse manager.
Hopefully they'll be able to get things finished up on time and avoid some overtime.
warehouse2_3.jpg

C

Catt

Very nice building Eddie.I really enjoy seeing buildings that are actually large enough to rate railservice.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Wonderful model Eddie. Using a flat piece of styrene for an unseen back doesn't have to be restricted to buildings up against the backdrop either. If the building is located so that there is any side can't be seen from anywhere on the layout, it is better not to model the unseen side, and save those unused parts and details for another project.