Photos...

SLOW

On my own

Usually my wife does the typing and spelling for me on here but tonight she had to get to bed so I am on my own starting right now...please forgive the errors as I am not a very good typer or speller.

I will do the the best I can!! Kids love model trains, even if your not that good , still you can see it in their eyes. To see something lit up and a train with eight cars clicking down the way. I have my transformer working with a low voltage light bulb in together with the curict opps so that I have to get a good control system. I can control what would be the equivelent of thirty to fourty miles an hour. I have other locomotives too. I have a mintrix, F. type pennsylvania and a Kato ,union pacific 1288. The maintenance on the kato is a pain !!!!YES I am ginger with the parts! With N gage it is small , but i dont like the kato, too meny miss haps with the Elect. I'm thinking about one C. clamp around it so it can runn!! the engerning sucks. It's like taking apart a rubics cube and trying to put it back together again. Too many parts to get dirty.

Mike

jon-monon

Don't worry about spelling, you make your point and that's what matters.

I'm running mostly vintage stuff. They run pretty good after clean and lube, esp. if I "pulse" them. Dunno how many engines. I lost track. I guess I have 15 or so Industrial Switchers + the big diesels and rollin stock. You can see most of the switchers on the HO trains forum or on my website. What's new and Other stuff is where most of it is.

Tyson Rayles

Shamus sorry it took so long but I've been covered up at work. :eek: :( :eek: Slow hope you don't mind. :)

Attachments

• train set.jpg
    train set.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 59

Drew1125

SLOW,
That looks like a great little layout, & it looks like you're really having a blast with it!
Really enjoy seeing all the pix!

jon-monon

It would seem Tyson would like to have this layout, since he appears to have relocated it to the smokey mountains. His avitar also looks like the smokies, and I suspect his self is also located in the smokies :D :D :D Eh, Tyson??? :D :D :D

Rock on, Slow, keep the good work happening and don't take any blimblammin dudu off the little plastic people. In fact, you might just not get any, keep life simple :D :D :D

SLOW

Re:

Yeah, I really like the rework. You guys are really giving me some great ideas. I still have things that I want to do with it. I want to make it look as realistic as possible. I respect all the work that I've seen from all of you. I've looked at the various photo contests and they are awesome photos and awesome layouts. I thought mine was good until I saw all of yours. Then I realized how much work mine still needs. But I'm having tons of fun with it. I've always had a fascination with trains ever since I was a little guy. My grandfather was a breakman for Pen Central. I still have his breakman's light. My buddies and I used to hop trains. We'd run along the top of the moving train playing tag. Until one day when the train whent through an intersection and one of the kid's father was sitting there in his car at the crossing and he saw us. When the train came to a stop we all climbed off and we all walked back home following the track back. When we got home every parent in the neighborhood was down by the tracks waiting for us. My buddy said, "Oh "F" we are screwed!!" They took turns using our bottoms for bongo drums. At first I was grounded for life but then they let me off after two weeks. And that was a solid two weeks. No TV, no back yard, not fort, no swimming, no play ground...no nothing.

Gary Pfeil

Michael, Your idea for the flag is great, thanks. Your work is very good for a beginner, I'm sure it won't be long before it rivals ours, you seem to have the knack.

Gary

jon-monon

Then I realized how much work mine still needs.

Welcome to the club, Slow, I felt the same way. Except mine was how much work mine will need. The good thing is it means there is a lot more to do so there is a lot more fun ahead! The really great thing is you are umong good people who will help you every step of the way.

we are screwed!!

Nice story, I'll bet your butt still hurts when you think about it.

SLOW

re:

Thanks for all the good ideas. I spent four hours cleening my fravorit ALCO RSC 2, Uinion Pacific, N scale! It needed it! Yes its alot of work, but someone's got to do it! In the geers sometimes you might finde dabree from the ballis kicking in to the geers , and cloging up the chanels so that thy dont mesh right. Not all the time, just once in a wille. And you have to cleen the gears with a razor tip or a sharp pin! How do youou do such good work? With no flaw! I've seen some of the best work done on the site! I feel like a kid again. I'm wishen for Santa to bring me a steem Lo comotive. I love steem Locamotive!!

Mike.....

PS.... My sources indicate that Santa is going to bring him one.

Mike's wife Teresa

how do I post

hi all,

having trouble trying to post a few photos, I have tried the attach file and browse but nothing gets put up....any suggestions

Nick
Bywater Railroad
New Orleans

Hi Nick, When you get your text written click browse, attach your image then hit submit reply. one thing that may be throwing You is the image does'nt appear in your post till you submit the reply or post. hth

t.