Photos from my layout

logicman

Greybeard
Apr 30, 2008
Kent, UK.
Jeffrey: I've got broadband. We have a saying in the UK: "Pull up the ladder, Jack, I'm all right!" :mrgreen:

Thanks for sharing these photos - I'm really enjoying them - they go very nicely with a hot cup of coffee. :thumb:

I like the realistic details - the old rusting steamer - a touch of weathering here and there - nice art / vandalism on those wagons - and the most realistic touch of all - the fallen-down drunk signalman! :mrgreen:

Seriously, though, I'm picking up some good tips here - thanks again. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I learned long ago that a little weathering here and there is better than a lot of weathering all over. When it's a little here and a little there it stands out more and draws the viewers eye to more details that they might not otherwise have seen. On the other hand, where nearly everything is weathered it all runs together and the essence of the scene becomes lost.

sgtcarl

Jan 11, 2008
in Appalachian Mtns of S.W. Virginia
they're gr-r-r-reat!

Jeffrey, Thanks so much for the pictures!! You not only are a great modeler, you're an excellent photographer!!
How large is your layout? It looks huge!
I particularly enjoyed the night photos. And the backgrounds on the wall, and...well, I just enjoyed everything about your layout!
You have certainly set the standards for everyone else!
How long have you been working on it?
Thanks, again! :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
The layout is roughly 8' x 10' and I've been working on this variation of it for about three years now. I've built three layout on this benchwork since 1995 and added the extension onto it when I started this layout.