Photo Fun: week of April 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2006
Southern CA
Phoot Fun

Here are a few images I took a few weeks ago, which I think are kind of fun. I plan on modelling this unit some day, a UP patched SP SD40M-2 that's had the ole' swicharoo pulled on the hood doors during servicing. Since the lettering is across both tall and short doors, my guess is that some of them are from another unit, where the lettering was placed differently.

Chris

Actually, now that I look closer, it is just a swap of the first two short doors.

Attachments

• UP 2746 SD40M-2.jpg
    UP 2746 SD40M-2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 98
  • UP 2746 SD40M-2 pic 2.jpg
    UP 2746 SD40M-2 pic 2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 99

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello all---great shots everyone---miles,proto 2000 produced the gp-9 with the torpedo tubes installed---here's a few shots of TH&B #403---i purchased this locomotive "as is " from a hobby shop in Hamilton Ontario (Modeller's choice)---they have a web site---www.modellerschoice.com

2003022.jpg

2003019.jpg

2003006.jpg

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Great pics this week :thumb: . Thank you all for posting :wave:

I started detailing the area around my new building on my LA layout. Do you think I am totally nuts, when I tell you that the newspaper is really the Los Angeles Times?:D :D

detail2.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
cnw1961 said:
Do you think I am totally nuts, when I tell you that the newspaper is really the Los Angeles Times?:D :D

C'mon, Kurt, you're a model railroader: of course you're nuts! We're all nuts!! :D :D

Wayne (rhymes with in-sane)

Nice work, by the way.;)

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Mark, NICE GEEPS!:thumb:

Wayne, AWESOME SHOTS, and GREAT WORK!:thumb:

Chris, NICE shots of the UP patched SP:thumb:

nutbar, GREAT SHOTS of those geeps:thumb:

Kurt, NICE WORK! i have never seen cardboard boxes in HO, they look FANTASTIC!:thumb: did you make them?:D

Well, i would like to follow the trend here, i have geeps but have posted them to death:eek:ops:. so for something a little different, here are a couple pics of two SD40-2's from one of MY favorite short lines:D, WSOR:thumb:. an interesting note, BOTH of these engines were bought from UP:thumb:. WSOR #4025 was one of UP's original "fast forty's".:D -Deano
WSOR4025.JPG
WSOR4008.JPG

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
More AWESOME pics guys

Deano, me likes those 2 SD40-2's!!!

Ok, I finally have some pics to contribute to this weeks photo fun.

I just started using chalks to weather. Now I can uses washes and chalks to weather!! lol

Here is the brandnew Kato BN SD70MAC that I got from Combat yesterday. I put the details on her and weathered her all up with some chalks. Not so new anymore lol.

BN_SD70MAC_2.jpg

BN_SD70MAC_1.jpg

BN_SD70MAC_4.jpg

Don't mind the glazed over windows :eek:ops: I forgot to cover them when I sprayed dullcoat over it so now I have to clean them off lol.

Here is a BNSF 55' Centerflow Covered Hopper #421649 I also did with chalks yesterday:
BNSF_421649_55'_Centerflow.jpg

BNSF_421649_55'_Centerflow_2.jpg

Still have to weather the trucks and couplers on this one.

Starting work on my N scale Steel Mill Complex this week to!! Should be fun, here is the plan again:
Steel_Mill_Part_-_NO_RL.jpg

That's all I got for now, more to come soon!!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Josh(TruckLover), THANKS!:D i like your BNSF SD70MAC:thumb: NICE job weathering the engine & covered hopper:thumb:. i like your N scale track plan;). i forgot how much N scale switch's cost:eek:ops:, but in HO there about $12.00...looking at your plan, i hope you are playing the lotterysign1.

Josh, NEAT little switcher:thumb:

:D -Deano

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
C'mon, Kurt, you're a model railroader: of course you're nuts! We're all nuts!!
Wayne,thank you! What a relief, to know that I am a normal guy – for a model railroader sign1 .
Deano, I made the cardboard boxes from parcel wrapping paper (what else? :D )

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
UP SD40-2 said:
Josh(TruckLover), THANKS!:D i like your BNSF SD70MAC:thumb: NICE job weathering the engine & covered hopper:thumb:. i like your N scale track plan;). i forgot how much N scale switch's cost:eek:ops:, but in HO there about $12.00...looking at your plan, i hope you are playing the lotterysign1

Thanks, That is my new fav engine!! :D :D :D

As for the N scale switches, I can get them for $7.50 ea. in C55 #7 and in #5 but that is still LOTS of money considering that there was like over 50+ switches on this baby lol. Hey steel mills are big operations and need lots of track lol. I also find some deals on them from people selling them on forums and e-bay. I have 15 switches so far for it. That is enough to at least get me started around the blast furnace. Starting on it today, Post some pics soon!!:D :D :D

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
WOW, Josh, the trackplan for your n-scale laylout looks really interesting. If the layout turns out only half as good as the trackplan it will still be awesome. Looking forward to see your pics.:wave:

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
cnw1961 said:
WOW, Josh, the trackplan for your n-scale laylout looks really interesting. If the layout turns out only half as good as the trackplan it will still be awesome. Looking forward to see your pics.:wave:

Thanks Kurt for the compliments!!! :D :D :D :D Started the benchwork tonite!!

And here is what I have been busy doing all day, werthering the Blast furnace. Still have to weather the raised platform and the conveyor but that im saving for tomarrow lol.

Here are some pics:

Steel_Mill_Overview.jpg

Overview

Steel_Mill_Front_Left.jpg

Front Left

Steel_Mill_Front_Bottom.jpg

Front Bottom

Steel_Mill_Back_Center.jpg

Back Center

Steel_Mill_Top.jpg

You can a few more pics here in my "Building the Walthers N Scale Blast Furnace" Thread

pfs

Mar 22, 2007
DETROIT
All the pics are outstanding everyone!

The mill looks great trucklover, once spring hits michigan (it was snowing today) I am going to get some decent shots of the blast furnaces at the Rouge Complex. Hope to start a mill complex before the snow flies this fall

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
MilesWestern said:
HOLY SMOKES!!!! THAT's AMAZING!!! GREAT JOB JOSH!!!

(INSERT PHOTO HERE)

sign1 Thanks Miles!!! :D :D :D :D I like this new chalk weathering stuff, still like Deano's ol' method though to :thumb: :thumb:

pfs said:
The mill looks great trucklover, once spring hits michigan (it was snowing today) I am going to get some decent shots of the blast furnaces at the Rouge Complex. Hope to start a mill complex before the snow flies this fall

Thanks!!

Post some pics of the mill when you take some pics, I would love to see them!! :thumb: :D :D :thumb:

pfs

Mar 22, 2007
DETROIT
TruckLover said:
Post some pics of the mill when you take some pics, I would love to see them!!

Here is one from last summer, I was railfanning the CSX yard that runs alongside Rouge. Not good quality but it was quite a distance away. Its covered in this 100 year old wet rust, its AMAZING

rouge1.jpg

pfs

Mar 22, 2007
DETROIT
Heck no, I do the same thing. I will post more down the road. Trouble is getting close, there is a factory tour via Henry Ford Greenfeild Villiage but I dont think they get too close to the blast furnace. Its centered around the F-150 assembly (yawn).

I noticed some work in front of the furnace over the winter, worried they could build something and block the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.