Photo FUN week of 9/7

viperman

Wayne, thank you for all those pics, love em!

Everyone else - great pics, lets see more!

Chessie, what is that guy on the tower doing? It either doesn't look appropriate, or like he's using a jack hammer up there

doctorwayne

Thanks for the kind words Chad and viperman: it was an enjoyable day.

Chessie, what is that guy on the tower doing? It either doesn't look appropriate, or like he's using a jack hammer up there

I never even noticed that guy until you mentioned him. :eek:ops: It's hard to tell if there's even a tool there, ;) but it's unlikely to be a jackhammer. Perhaps it's a floor polisher, or maybe he's just got his thumbs hooked into his belt loops. The nice looking loco doesn't appear to be equipped with a flasher, though. :rolleyes:

Wayne

chessie4155

Whoa, what is this , lets nitpick Chessies' pic to death day!? :p :mrgreen:
I had forgot he was even up there...:eek:ops:
Thanks for all the comments guys..at least your looking at my pics!:wave:

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
amazing pics guys,this thread is getting HUGE! doc,those pics are really sweet :mrgreen:.but when i take pics i prefer to stay away from the huge weeds :rolleyes:.keep the great pics commin guys :thumb:--josh

jeffrey-wimberl

P9100376.jpg

cicsos2

July, 1954 - Santa Fe Engine 1108 donated to Ardmore, OK

To celebrate my first day as a member here, I would like to sahe some photos from my Grandfather's collection. While he was the Station Agent for the Santa Fe in Ardmore, OK - he found out that Engine 1108 was being retired. This Engine had been in service at Ardmore for may years before being sent somewhere else. He got the Santa Fe to donate the engine and cars to the city. Since the final location was several miles from the tracks, new track was put down, the train moved and the track also moved, a section at a time.

These are some of the pictures made during the process:

Attachments

• Photo_02.jpg
    Photo_02.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Photo_03.jpg
    Photo_03.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 26
  • Photo_06.jpg
    Photo_06.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Photo_08.jpg
    Photo_08.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Photo_12.jpg
    Photo_12.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Photo_13_Submitted to Newspaper but not used.jpg
    Photo_13_Submitted to Newspaper but not used.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 26

cicsos2

A True Model Train guy

Time frame - probably 1930s - the picture was not dated - location, Ardmore, OK.

Attachments

• John Purcell Model Train 1.jpg
    John Purcell Model Train 1.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 33

chessie4155

Viperman: I know you guys were just kidding...:mrgreen: comment all you want , good ,bad or indifferent, that's how I learn:smile:
Trainnut: sign1 thats a good one... I could put one of those caption bubbles out to the side of his head that says; LOOK OUT BELOW!

viperman

Viperman: I know you guys were just kidding...:mrgreen: comment all you want , good ,bad or indifferent, that's how I learn:smile:
Trainnut: sign1 thats a good one... I could put one of those caption bubbles out to the side of his head that says; LOOK OUT BELOW!
but the trick is...do it like that on the layout

FiatFan

Bill, first off, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for posting the great pictures. I really enjoy photos with a "personal" connection.

Tom

CNWman

CNW Fan
Hey, Chessie, I have a question about GM50. How did you get the gold color on the shell w/o shorting out the locomotive? I had the same problem with my hustler's original paint, then again, The hustler relies on chargin it's base, while typical locomotives don't...