78.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 00148.JPG
    00148.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 7

jeffrey-wimberl

qv8.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Was fishing a small stream the other day, when I heard the low rumble of a diesel motor. Good thing I had my camera!
It was Southwick and Winsted's GP38-2 on its daily run.

Attachments

• over the river Large Web view.jpg
    over the river Large Web view.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 13

cn nutbar

great shots everyone---thanks for sharing---the engine wipers have obviously been busy as t-4-a #4300 and j-7-c #5303 glisten in the noon-day sun

43000005.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
My track cleaning car. Its a Lionel track cleaner I bought at a flea market years ago brecause I liked its Maintanence Of Way appearance. It orginally had a motor in the cab that turned two sponge pads on the tracks. When I bought it the motor didn't work so I pulled the sponges and glued a strip of masonite to the rods below so it drags along the track to pick up dust, etc. Even though I'm delighted by the conductivity of Wahl oil on my tracks to keep things smooth its good to clean dust off the tracks once in a while

The car was originally lettered for the Southern Pacific and had an orange cab. I used a PC MOW yellow and added some PC letters and numbers.

6-30-2007-23-1.jpg

Ralph

chessie4155

Charlie: All of your proto shots are fantastic: keep em comin:thumb:
Jeffrey: Big improvement:thumb:
Flyboy: Nice looking color scheme:thumb:
Josh: Who makes those ? is that an Abrams tank and Bradly troop hauler?:thumb:
Ed; WOW! you are the master of photoshop:thumb: cool shot , well done:thumb:
Nutbar: Nice and clean, till there next run..:thumb:
Ralph;That is a very cool looking car. It really does have a MOW look to it..good find.. well done:thumb:

Caught this Conrail caboose setting in the yard.
crcab.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Thanks guys.
OK Ralph. Here's the original pics.
The first is one I took was at the river behind my house(And I mean behind my house), after jumping rocks to get to one in the middle of the stream.
The next is the original shot of my S&W GP38 on my (unfinished) layout.
I had to pick what trees I wanted in the forground(the loco behind them),cut them out then cut between individual leaves. After that, I cut how much of the GP and bridge I wanted, and cut around that. Placed it in the original shot, then placed the cutout trees in front. It took me almost three days to get it right.

Attachments

• ex1.jpg
    ex1.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 7
  • ex2.jpg
    ex2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 7
You guys have done some work this weekend. all the pic look great.
Here are one are maybe two from the ceder valley Southern RR the rail workers are hard at it

N_Scale_039.jpg

N_Scale_0491.jpg

N_Scale_043.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
Nice shots everyone!:thumb: I don't have any shots right now, just news about my two projects. Riverside #1116 is awaiting the decals I ordered through DCCTrain and they should be ariving aprox. Wednesday. My seccond project, weathering Prarie Star Elevator, is drawing to a close, with only two sides awaiting final aplication of powders. I'll post pics of the finished model when it's done:thumb:

Nomad

A picture of my yard with the Scalescenes warehouse I am almost done with.

Loren

Attachments

• yard2.jpg
    yard2.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 12

Herc Driver

Eightyeightfan1 - you got me hook, line and sinker! I was reading through the pictures, saw yours and thought it was a REAL shot of a shortline that I hadn't heard of (there's lots I haven't heard of...). Great effect, and great result, and untill you gave the secret away - you got me. LOL.

chessie4155

Trainnut65: Nice shot:thumb:
Grewsome: Lookin Good:thumb:
Jeffrey: Your pics look much better now:thumb:
I went out trackside for a while today and found this Westbound.
HPIM2443.jpg

HPIM2446.jpg

HPIM2448.jpg

We'll skip ahead to the tailend.
HPIM2454.jpg