Photo FUN week of 8/31

slekjr

I hate to be first for anything but here we go.
An early morning surprise for the crewmember. June 4, 1976
E Palestine, Oh.
Charlie

chessie4155

Charlie: Excellent start to this weeks thread:thumb:...
Looks like Pacman has caught that boxcar! :p

Caboose C3845 on a westbound local.
HPIM2193-2.jpg

UP SD40-2

Charlie, FANTASTIC SHOT!:thumb::thumb: OUTSTANDING way to start off this week:winki::mrgreen: .

Mark, GREAT caboose shot:winki::thumb: .

Pioneer Zephyr...
After seeing the post Mikey made on the Pioneer Zephyr, and i went through the inside of it a couple weeks ago, i was inspired to post some pics of MY Pioneer Zephyr:mrgreen: . the first pic is of it at my house, the other two pics show it on Dads layout:thumb: .
:deano: -Deano
PIONEER_ZEPHYR.JPG

zep1.jpg

zep2.jpg

doctorwayne

I once again marvel at all the great modelers on this forum and never have heard a rivit counter comment. You're all a bunch of great people.
Charlie:thumb:

And Charlie, you're a perfect fit for this Forum. ;)

Here are a few pictures of the still-unfinished tracks on the highline through the Dunnville station area:

This is the approach from staging, looking north. National Grocers is both left and right in the foreground, with Bertram's Machine Works at centre. Mercury Mills is off in the distance to the right. The tell-tales are for southbound trains, warning of the overhead walkways between the old and new buildings of National Grocers.
Foe-toes_from_first_cd_262.jpg

A bleary-eyed view looking north. The water tower in the distance feeds the penstock in the first view, and another opposite the tower itself.
Foe-toes_from_first_cd_263.jpg

Here's a view from the roof of National Grocers original building. The near end of the station, fronting on Walnut Street, beneath the bridge, is the express wing.
Foe-toes_from_first_cd_171.jpg

This view looks south, back towards staging. The near end of the station is the Post Office, which fronts onto Liberty St., beneath the bridge. The passenger station proper is the centre section of the structure, with the canopy over the doors. The brick structure in the right foreground is the P&M Languay Pump and Compressor factory. National Grocers is in the distance, with the ever-present Northern Lights watching over the scene. :p
Foe-toes_from_first_cd_173.jpg

Same view, from nearer the water tower. In the left foreground, the roof of Creechan Fine Fuels' garage/stables, with their office just beyond that (with the billboard on the roof).
Foe-toes_from_first_cd_261.jpg

Wayne

Herc Driver

New Equipment on the Ballantyne Sub

Rarely seen in these parts...Ontario Northland sent their SD75i to the Davidson Repair Shop for progressive maintenance and repaint. Those Canadian winters are sure hard on paint jobs but with new colors - this diesel looks "out of the box" fresh. Coupled to a small string of yard traffic, they're running the motor to break in the new parts, checking all the functions, before sending it north.

Attachments

• Copy of P9010570.JPG
    Copy of P9010570.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 12

jesso

Herc - Nice engine!
jeffrey-wimberl - Great old Engine, love the overgrown look
doctorwayne - Great Layout Pictures! As always! :thumb:
slekjr- Great Brakeman!
Deano - Great looking train, great looking layouts!:thumb:
chessie4155- Love your layout, always love watching your videos!
slekjr - Looks like pacman bit off more than he can chew!

I painted my train room! Nothing like a clear blue sky!

P.S. Just noticed! My 200th post! At this rate I should hit 1000 around 2012!

Attachments

• paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 12
DSL - woohoo!

I finally got the DSL set up...well, actually, it was all ready to go last night. It was all the IE upgrades, restarts, more upgrades, more restarts, etc. that took the bulk of today. Now Photo Fun can be fun at home too! No more Photo Phrustrating!

SO to celebrate, and try out the new connection speed, here's a contribution for this week. A Walther's catalog Model Magic entry from 2004. One of my shots was accepted and published; I decided I'll share the other 6-7 here....eventually.

Hmmm...the manage attachments window took about a minute to load, while the attachment itself only a couple seconds. Anyway, here 'tis.

sm_loading1.JPG

The blue building is a kitbash of the Life Like General Store built into a diorama (the area with the blue shed and fence). The other buildings in the background along with the tall pines (spruce, actually) are set in place on foam risers to add depth to the scene.

UP SD40-2

...And Charlie, you're a perfect fit for this Forum. ;) Wayne
I couldn't have said it better Wayne:thumb: .

Wayne:worship: , GREAT SHOTS!:thumb::thumb::thumb: I don't recall seeing those parts of your layout, THANK YOU for posting them:thumb::mrgreen: .

Jeffrey, NICE PICS!:thumb: I really like the old steamer:winki::mrgreen:

Herc, thats the first time i have seen an Ontario Northland, NICE LOOKING ENGINE!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

jesso, the blue you painted your room looks FANTASTIC!:thumb: , NICE UP passenger train too!:winki::mrgreen:

Galen, WOW!!!:eeki: GREAT looking structure, and awesome scene!:thumb::thumb: .

METRA...
i mentioned last week i bought a Metra engine, and planned on making a small Metra train since i rode one from Harvard to Chicago on 8/3 :thumb: . well the coach and cab coach came in Friday, so while i was at dads today, i took them apart and painted them up as Metra cars:winki: . i just about have the coach finished, and plan on finishing up the cab coach this week, i hope to have the whole setup posted here before Friday:winki: . :deano: -Deano
mtpainting.jpg

mcoach.jpg

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
great pics guys!!!!! the photo fun threads never get old!!! keep up the great work :thumb: !!!!--josh

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
One of those Red P locos that show up on Penn Central layouts more than they did in real life! :) Photographed with a transfer caboose in Williams Yard, Kings Port, NY circa 1970.

6-30-2007-18.jpg

Ralph

chessie4155

Deano: Fantastic Looking Zephyr! Looks right at home on your Dads layout:thumb:
Wayne: Cool pics of your awsum layout...:thumb:
Herc: Nice shot:thumb:
Jesso: Glad you like the videos: Nice shot , your backdrop and layout out looks great:thumb:
Deano: Those commute cars look great;:thumb: are you going to run them empty or loaded to the rafters with commuters?
Ralph: That Red P looks just fine and the transfer cab is fantastic:thumb:
Slekjr: Cool shot:thumb: maybe the fireman was just cleaning out the flues!! :p
Caught these westbounds waiting for a recrew.
gps.jpg

Flyboy41

The newest member of the Ohio Western fleet. An Atlas SD50 that I hand painted.
It still needs to go in the "shop" for lettering.
before
2912811340055315163S200x200Q85.jpg

After
2609539700055315163S425x425Q85.jpg

2007733430055315163S425x425Q85.jpg