Photo FUN week of 8/24

jeffrey-wimberl

2099.jpg

chessie4155

Slekjr: Cool Pic(pun intended):mrgreen: :thumb:

Jeffrey: Good looking Alco, RS2 or 3? :thumb:

MTC C&O 8504 Motor Transport Car, This is an old F7B unit that is nowadays used to transport Prime Movers between shops.
HPIM2252.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
chessie- Nice shot! Were old B units really used for stuff like switching around engines? If so, then I could probably exploit that later, heh heh heh...

Nice shots everyone! keep it comin!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Pictures pictures pictures!!! We LOVE pictures! Keep 'em coming!
This time I'm posting a photo of an industry I built to cover a difficult to scenic area. The middle part of my "U" shaped layout is narrow and to accommodate some hidden track I have two levels superimposed on each other with another set of tracks in the foreground. This two level grain complex hides the lower level track in the back and helps break up the main line as it tunnels into the building.

6-30-2007-11.jpg

chessie4155

CNWman: Yes, the C&O had two of these.
Jeffrey: Thanks for the info.
Ralph: Awsum looking Industry.

Here's a cool lashup. GP35, GP30, F7B, and a GP9
HPIM2262.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
Ralph-nice grain plant!:thumb: I might have to ask if I can put a KP&W car on MY layout to tribute that thing!:mrgreen: Also, what in the HECK happened to that (blue?) covered hopper in the foreground?

chessie- Again, great shot!:mrgreen::thumb: Thanks for the info on those B units, I might take some of that info for a Riverside version later if I ever expand and add an engine facility:mrgreen:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Ralph-nice grain plant!:thumb: I might have to ask if I can put a KP&W car on MY layout to tribute that thing!:mrgreen: Also, what in the HECK happened to that (blue?) covered hopper in the foreground?

I'd be flattered to see a KP&W car on another layout! :thumb:

The covered hopper is an ex NYC that I decided to really do a number on one day. Here's the rusting hulk up close..

http://forum.zealot.com/attachments/25034d1185328593t-rust2.jpg

Ralph

CNWman

CNW Fan

I'd be flattered to see a KP&W car on another layout! :thumb:

The covered hopper is an ex NYC that I decided to really do a number on one day. Here's the rusting hulk up close..

http://forum.zealot.com/attachments/25034d1185328593t-rust2.jpg

Ralph

Then by golly I'll make one!:mrgreen: I have a Cotton Belt covered hopper that I built from a kit, so I might be able to paint that over to KP&W. What colors are the KP&W cars, or should I just do a patch job? Also, dude, you did a number in the thousands on that covered hopper!:eek::eek:

Great pics guys, keep 'em comin!:thumb:

UP SD40-2

Biased turkey, weathering those engines is #2049 on my list of 5000 projects to do, or finish up:winki::119: .

Mark, FANTASTIC SCENES!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Charlie, AWESOME winter pic!:thumb::mrgreen:

Jeffrey, i love your GP30, they are my favorite of the geeps:thumb: . i really like your E7 too:winki: , but i cant make out what road it is:frowns: .

Ralph, GREAT SHOT of your grain complex:thumb: , and i really like your weathered hopper:winki::mrgreen: .

Smoke, that BN colored B unit is AWESOME!:thumb::mrgreen:

KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS!:mrgreen:
WSOR RAILFANNING...
Dad and i went to the hobby shop in Janesville today:mrgreen: , i picked up my Metra engine(pics later in this thread:winki: ), and we did a little WSOR railfanning:thumb: . just as we were headed to the round house, 5 WSOR engines roll by and the 6th engine was a freshly painted IC&E SD40-2!:eeki: , i wanted to get a pic of it, but i didn't get a chance:frowns: , dad and i figure it was coming from WSOR's paint shop in Horicon, it was spotless and looked new:thumb: .

When we got to the roundhouse i found out something interesting about #4025:winki: , take a look at the right side of #4025, then look at the left side, can you find the difference between the two sides?:winki: (pics below)

I also noticed WSOR #4009 has recently been turned into the memorial engine for James Gardner's(he owns WSOR) wife Lucy Gardner:thumb: . She died on 12/17/04, from cancer i think:confused::frowns: .

Last pic is of the 40' boxcar that sits outside the roundhouse(behind it). :deano: -Deano
4025left.JPG

4025right.JPG

4009.JPG

lucy.JPG

wsorbox.JPG

slekjr

This is what can happen when you overdo the weathering.
Charlie

Attachments

• CR 7901 0281red (Large).jpg
    CR 7901 0281red (Large).jpg
    84 KB · Views: 7
  • cr 7956 0178red (Large).jpg
    cr 7956 0178red (Large).jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 5

chessie4155

Deano: I don't see anything other than the All Weather Window on the Engineers side, is that it? Excellent pics:thumb:

Here's a bunch of power waiting for their next assignment.
HPIM2266.jpg

UP SD40-2

Deano: I don't see anything other than the All Weather Window on the Engineers side, is that it?
Mark, YOU GOT IT!:thumb::mrgreen: i thought it was odd one side had an all weather window, and the other side just had a sunshade:confused: .

Jeffrey, THANKS for giving me the road that E7 is:thumb::mrgreen:

Charlie NICE SHOTS!:thumb::mrgreen:

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
CNWMan
The hustler is looking good! Great job on the roof!

Smoke
Nice weathering!

Jeffery
Nice loco!

Scott
Nice locations!

Biased Turkey
Nice looking building!

Chessie4155
Neat scene with a nice loco!

Jeffery
Another cool shot!