PHOTO FUN week of 4/14

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by UP SD40-2, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

2. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Wow...great pictures everyone and certainly worth taking a moment and admiring.

Thanks for that link chessie...that's a great looking engine. I found one already made at thefreightyard.com but for over $250...whew...even though it looks great, I think I'll wait a while before buying that one.

Jesso - That's funny!

Docwayne - I agree about that paint scheme. Is there a specific reason that those colors and paint pattern were chosen? I was just wondering if there's a story behind the color selection.
  3. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Here are a couple of Walthers Gondolas that installed grab irons on. I originally threw out the grab irons that came with the car. I did not realize I needed to install them. They were in a package with some hook and horn couplers and I missed them. I had to buy some grab irons. The cars were previously weathered so I had to paint and weather the grab irons to blend in.

Reading
    [​IMG]

Lehigh Valley
    [​IMG]
  4. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great Pictures Everyone. Enjoyed looking at them.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  5. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I don't know if there's a particular reason for the pattern, but when the CNR switched from green and gold for their diesels, the first ones were solid black, with an orange cab and ends, and a big CN "noodle" on the side of the long hood. What a letdown that was, after the green and gold! :curse: This paint scheme looks decent on a carbody unit like an F- or an FP-, but it looks best on a hood unit. I think that it would probably even look good on today's modern diesels, although it'd probably be pretty labour-intensive to apply it.

Tom said: "Here are a couple of Walthers Gondolas that installed grab irons on. I originally threw out the grab irons that came with the car. I did not realize I needed to install them. They were in a package with some hook and horn couplers and I missed them. I had to buy some grab irons. The cars were previously weathered so I had to paint and weather the grab irons to blend in."

Nice work Tom, I bought one of those gondolas (LV 27268) off the "used" table at the LHS (they're over $18.00 new - too rich for my Depression-era road :D ) and I got Kadee couplers, but no grabirons. :rolleyes:
    Here's a photo of most of it.
    [​IMG]

By the way, what's the correct pronunciation - Lee-high or Luh-high? Or something else altogether?

Wayne
  6. chessie4155

Cool pics everyone. :thumb: It's really neat to see what everybody is up to..almost like being there at your layout from week to week. Keep em comin!

Herc, that Pan Am boxcar you posted got me to thinking I had one some wheres..had it put up and had forgot all about it..it's to modern for my 1970s era but I just had to have one..I remember seeing the logo on those 707s as a kid..
    Here's the HO version of said car.
    [​IMG]
  7. Herc Driver

Today's effort

Just got done with my first attempt at detailing a diesel. Installed a snow plow, MU hoses and air hose (all BLMA parts) on this Dash-8CW, then weathered it up a bit. It's not a huge start...but trying to learn the techniques to get better and into more complex modifications and detailing.

Attached Files:

8. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

Great pictures, guys. I love this thread. :thumb: :thumb:

I just finished my first attempt to build a chain link fence. It took about two hours to do this 5" section, so please don’t tell me you don’t like it :D .

View attachment 36596

Attached Files:

9. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

Kurt, How about: "What material did you use?" (I'd really like to know!)
  10. chessie4155

What's the correct pronunciation - Lee-high or Luh-high? Or something else altogether?

Wayne[/quote]
    Wayne, I believe it is pronounced Lee-high.
  11. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

i cant beleive i missed this thread!!!!! its amazing how many of these the gauge has had but you guys always have something new to show!great pics guys!--josh
  12. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

MORE FANTASTIC PICS GUYS!!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!

Here is a lil something from me this week, my weathered BN GP50, still has to have the trucks and couplers weathered.

[​IMG]

(sorry for the bad pic. you know how camera fones are and it was all I got right now) :oops: :oops:
  13. TomPM

Wayne
    Great looking gons! What is the Wabash one?

Chessie4155
    Cool Pan Am boxcar!

Herc
    Great job on the loco!

Kurt
    Neat looking fence!

Josh
    Nice looking loco!
  14. TomPM

Here we have the Grain Elevator
    [​IMG]

Looks like an empty or two are coming!
    [​IMG]

Athearn Peavy Covered Hopper
    [​IMG]
  15. TomPM

Rail Runner/Athearn Seaboard Covered Hopper
    [​IMG]

Athearn Penn Central U33C pushing
    [​IMG]

Delivery done!
    [​IMG]
  16. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

FANTASTIC PIC's FOLKS!!!

Every time i check on this thread i am AMAZED at the GREAT WORK & MODELERS here on the Gauge:thumb::D. FANTASTIC WORK & PICS FOLKS!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D

i have had this engine ordered 4 weeks ago, and it FINALLY came today:D. many of you know I'm a HUGE FM fan:D, so i was GLAD to add this to my collection:thumb:. it's an FM H15-44 Demonstrator #1500 made right here in Beloit:thumb:, this engine was sent out to/and bought by Jersey Central in March 1948;). :D -Deano View attachment 36602 View attachment 36603

Attached Files:

17. Herc Driver

Wow Kurt - no kidding...that's a great fence! How did you make it? BTW...those sidewalks and the attention to the grass/dirt next to that building by the fence is first rate stuff. Well done.
  18. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Great pictures, folks, I'm gettin' whiplash: everytime I turn around there's another one!:thumb: Tom, the Wabash gondola is by Tichy. The lettering, from C-D-S, is for a doubledoor boxcar. ;)
    Chessie4155, thanks. :wave:

Wayne
  19. chessie4155

Was out and about today and caught WB 95 pullin up out of Scottsburg..
    [​IMG]
    Had to take a second look at the helpers on the rear.
    [​IMG]
    Turns out one of the units is one of the TORCO SD35s...Don't know why it was this far West, but I'm glad it was. Hope they keep it out here for a while..
    [​IMG]
  20. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Wow, amazing week guys, keep up the awesome work!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.