55 KB · Views: 153
Heres a couple of local yard shots from last week in Cols, GA
Pool power waiting to go back west
002.jpg

Sd40 working the yard
004.jpg

Herc Driver

Burlington GP30

There's just something 'bout those Geeps! Sitting in the car when this one slowly rolled by.

Attachments

• Copy of P3180121.JPG
    Copy of P3180121.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 143

chessie4155

Great pics everyone: :thumb:
Viperman: I thought that was their best paint scheme. Should have kept with it.
Herc Driver: Nice shots of the CB&Q GP30. Cool paint scheme, Cool engine.

Here's a grab shot; I was headed West on Hwy 50 when this Eastbound came along.
Had a new GP15T on the point.

Attachments

• 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 140

Herc Driver

"It's not much but o well"!?!? I'd say that's a BIG much! That SP unit looks great! Nice shot too...there's a story there. The just outta focus truck in the foreground really adds to the picture. Almost looks like old cases of 7Up on the back of the truck.

YmeBP

Everytime i look at these photo's i am amazed all over again that someone actually created this stuff w/ their hands.

Some of these photos could pass for a news clipping.

cn nutbar

hello all---nice pictures everyone---since i got back from a small vacation,i've been trying to find some inspiration to post a picture and would'nt you know that doctor wayne came through again---here's a shot from a past photo shoot---i talked to the good doctor today and he has invited me to come by this tuesday,so hopefully i'll have some new pictures to post soon---it's good to be home and back on track

doctorwayne2007094.jpg

steamhead

Great pictures guys...!! Unfortunately (well, not...) I can't tell a GP, from a Jeep. Is there a guide to diesels that might help me out of my ignorance..?? I know some steam, but diesels...?? :eek:ops:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I did some searching an had a hard time finding a good online free diesel spotter's guide.

One of the cool things about the Penn Central is that they had a great assortment of locomotives on their roster. This PC site shows examples of locomotives of several makes by different manufacturers. It should help you get an idea about first and second generation diesels if you can stand all of the basic black. :)

http://pc.smellycat.com/pics/equip/diesel-emd.html

Ralph

Nazgul

Josh...nice engines!
Mark...Outstanding shots!
Ralph...I agree with deano...love the graffiti
Kurt...the new trees look awesome as does all your work!
Deano...that SD24 is my absolute favorite!!!!
Tom...more great work!!!
Renovo PPR....nice shot!
Squidbait...Love it!!!!
Steve...beautiful engine, enjoy!
Gus...awesome pics!
Thoroughbreed...nice shots!
Herc...amazing shot!!!!! Nice effect!!!!!!!
joesho....great shot!....what do you mean it ain't much?:confused:
Nutbar...BEAUTIFUL, as always!!!
I hope I didn't forget anyone....If I did: NICE SHOT!!!!!!:thumb: :D

My poor fingers are worn out!!!!!!!!!!!:D
here's another:

Headin' Home:
photos0512croppedgallery.jpg

UP SD40-2

An FM MIRACLE!!!...OR, I'M A LUCKY DOG!!!

First, i USUALLY comment on EVERYONES pics since my last visit to this thread:thumb:, i am sorry folks, this time i am just going to say "GREAT PICS FOLKS!":thumb::D Honestly, THANK YOU!, to EVERYONE that has posted since my last visit here!;):thumb::D

i kept it short but sweet because i am SO EXCITED about what i JUST GOT!!!:D let me explain,
THE STORY, dad and i went to the LHS this weekend, as we were about to leave i seen Rick(the owner)had a Walther's FM H10/12-44 on his test track. dad has two of these, and they are so darn hard to find these days as they only did one run on them back in the mid 80's, ANYWAYS, i have been looking for one for about 6yrs...no luck finding one:(. i told Rick if he EVER comes across one he was going to sell, keep me in mind;). i was shocked when he told me he WILL HAVE TWO MONDAY NIGHT!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: i asked Rick if i could put my name on BOTH!:D he said sure, one was a Milwaukee Road orange and black(like one of dads), the other one is a Milwaukee Road in...UP COLORS!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

How it ended up, dad and i went to the LHS at 5:00 tonight to pick up those "HARD TO FIND, FANTASTIC FM H10/12-44's". when i got there, THEY WERE THERE!!!:D :D :D heres the thing, sure enough, one of them was the orange and black Milwaukee Road, but the other one ended up being a Milwaukee Road in the Hiawatha passenger colors. for a couple seconds i was a little disappointed, but then i realized the Hiawatha FM was pretty rare;). i GLADLY paid the $160.00 for the two of them, and considered myself pretty darn lucky:D. my 3 favorite first class roads are, UP, CNW, and The Milwaukee Road, so it REALLY ended up working out quite well:thumb:. six years of searching is NOW OVER:thumb:.

Here are some pics i JUST TOOK:D. sorry the quality isn't good, as i put them together and detail them up, i will take some better shots of them;). OH YEA, i don't think the Hiawatha one was EVER RUN, the original couplers are still on it, and the railings are STILL ON THE SPRUES!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D. EDIT: these two engines brings my engine roster total to 63! :D -Deano View attachment 35974 View attachment 35975 View attachment 35976

Attachments

• BOTH.JPG
    BOTH.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 130
  • FM H10-44 Mil..JPG
    FM H10-44 Mil..JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 128
  • FM H10-44 HIAWATHA.JPG
    FM H10-44 HIAWATHA.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 127

UP SD40-2

cnw1961 said:
Hey Deano, that’s great. They are absolutely beautiful. I can understand your excitement. bounce7
THANKS KURT!!!:D
you know, i am FAMOUS for every time i open my big mouth, i end up sticking my foot in it:eek:ops:tooth1, but in THIS CASE, I'm GLAD i said something, or i NEVER would have fell into this bit of luck;). :D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.