PHOTO FUN week of 3/17/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nazgul

Just as a reminder...ANYONE can start this thread after the previous week's photo fun has closed:)

Over the river and through the.....bridge supports?:
View attachment 35868

Attachments

• Twin River RR 356 small.jpg
    Twin River RR 356 small.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 322

jbaakko

amtk513_01.jpg

amtk517_01.jpg

Thats all from me for now...

chessie4155

Cool pics you guys:thumb:
Nazgul; I like the way you framed the train with the trestle.
Jbaakko; Cool looking engines, especialy the UP Centinneal.

Here's a couple shots of Extra7598.
1. Extra 7598 taking siding at P T Jct.
2. The reason X 7598 is in the siding, Eastbound Amtrak #30. Fireman on the ground for a runby Inspection.

Attachments

• 24.JPG
    24.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 303
  • 25.JPG
    25.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 300

jbaakko

That Centennial has a way to go still, the white pilots are styrene, I replaced both.

Got my SD90/43MAC in the mail today, and some Santa Fe paperwork... Picked up a 3 packs of new wheels from the LHS too.

jbaakko

joesho said:
hey cnw1961,did you make those palm trees? did you buy them,what company are they?
I dunno what he used, but I've seen 4 different commercial ones. Woodland Scenics, Grand Central Gems, Pegasus Hobbies, and something else (saw them at the LHS can't remember the name off hand.)

UP SD40-2

Great Pics So Far!!!

Steve, FANTASTIC SHOT!:thumb: the way you framed it was a GREAT EFFECT:thumb::D.

Josh, i like what your doing with your DD40AX:thumb:. NICE GE Amtrak;):D.

Mark, GREAT SHOTS!:thumb: your second pic is my FAVORITE!:thumb::D.

Ralph, NICE SHOT!!!:thumb: i know I've said it before, but i like your new KP&W line;), and the weathering & graffiti on those boxcars looks GREAT!:thumb::D.

Kurt, WOW!!:eek: those palm trees and the shrubs around them look OUTSTANDING!!!:thumb: i NEVER tire of seeing pics of your layout;):D.

**Well folks, heres my contributions to this weeks Photo Fun:D.
First pic is of an IT covered hopper i picked up at the LHS today:thumb:. I'm NOT crazy about the trucks on it:rolleyes:, but i am going to paint them and weather this car;).
Second pic is a GBW Alco RSD15, the Green Bay & Western is one of my FAVORITE short lines(they ONLY used Alco's):thumb:.
Next 2 pics are of my UP GP60:D, the GP60 is one of my favorite GP's made. i added quite a few extras to this engine:thumb:.
Last pic is an SD24, this engine is one of my Favorite "older" diesels:thumb::D.

GREAT PICS FOLKS!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!:D :D -Deano View attachment 35887
GBWRSD15.JPG
UPGP60a.JPG
UPGP60.JPG
UPSD24.JPG

Attachments

• DSC04779.JPG
    DSC04779.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 249

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Steve
Neat shot!

Josh
Nice looking Amtrak units!

Chessie4155
Cool pics!

Ralph
Good shot!

Kurt
Nice looking loco!

Deano
More great looking locos and the covered hopper is cool looking too!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I have been doing some detail work around the cement distributor. I have added some LPP’s to start with.

Weekend_2007_1a_003a.jpg

Weekend_2007_1a_006a.jpg

Weekend_2007_1a_010a.jpg

cnw1961

Cool pics, guys :thumb: :wave: :thumb: .

Joesho, the palms are Woodland Scenics. The fronds are made of etched brass, the trunk is a wire covered with some smooth plastics.

Herc Driver

Great pictures everyone!

Steve - my boys still think your water is real!

Josh - those Amtrak diesels look great!

Chessie - really nice scenery around the tracks...I'm taking lessons from your pics.

Ralph - PC all the way! Those rails look perfectly weathered.

Kurt - you really need to post more pictures. Your attention to detail is something to see.

Deano - Seeing your detailed engines makes me seriously reconsider Nscale for HO. Boy they look great.

Tom - That siding work is great. I like the telephone poles, the ground cover, and that cement plant is really well done.

jbaakko

Thanks guys, those Amtrak engines didn't cost much.

UP SD40-2, thats an Ex LS&I RSD15, nice unit you have there, I'd like one in the original LS&I paint.

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
I didn't realize this thread was for all things trains!

Just proving once again that you can run whatever the heck you want on your railroad: CN 398, Paris Jct. 18:00 17/03/2007

398-Paris-Jct.jpg

5 Railroads, 3 countries.

CN 2661
NS 9830
UP 9211
TFM 1653
CSX 4736

How cool is that?

chessie4155

Great pics everyone. Keep em comin.
Ralph: Nice touch with the grafitti.
Kurt: Cool looking trees and I like those tall stacks on the SF unit.
Deano: Nice pics. I like that Alco. Isn't that the one they call the Alligator?
Tom: Very cool looking scene. Nice detail. I like the backdrop too.
RenovoPRR: Nice scene. Good lookin Barn
Squidbait: That is an awsum picture.

UP SD40-2

Tom, WOW!:eek: AWESOME JOB on the cement distributer area:thumb:.

Renovo PRR, NICE farm shot!:thumb:

Squidbait, GREAT SHOT! theres a lot of representation there:thumb:. of coarse the UP Dash-8 is MY favorite of the bunch:D.

**Josh and Mark, you are BOTH right:thumb:. i visit the REAL GBW RSD15 #2407 at the IRM every year:thumb:. here is one(of many)shot of it i took, and i am also putting in a shot of the info plate that is attached to the side of it:D. i hope you folks can read it, not the best quality pics:eek:ops:.

KEEP THOSE GREAT PICS COMING FOLKS!:thumb: :D -Deano View attachment 35894 View attachment 35895

Attachments

• the real GBW 2407.JPG
    the real GBW 2407.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 167
  • GBW PLATE.JPG
    GBW PLATE.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.