photos 041 cropped small.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 238

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
KP&W box cars are starting to show up on the car float at West Mill. That's the
"Robert H.", otherwise known as "The Rust Bucket" shoving the float into the apron.

Attachments

• 3-6-2007-11.jpg
    3-6-2007-11.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 226

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Nazgul: Nice angle on that first shot, looks good.:thumb: Excellent scenery too:thumb:

Ralph: Your KP&W fleet is really starting to expand, nice shot of the Docks and Tug:thumb:

The first shot is a Conrail SD40-2 I found just setting under the over pass, I figured it was waiting on a crew. I went to get some lunch and took to long I guess because in the second pic all I was able to get was a going away shot of the caboose.

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 221
  • 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 222

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steve, WOW!!!:eek: "SLAP FANTASTIC" shots of your steamer!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Ralph, GREAT SHOT OF THE CAR FLOAT:thumb: i really like seeing pics of your water scenes;). those KP&W box cars came out GREAT too!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Mark, NICE SHOTS!:thumb: you just cant go wrong with an SD40-2:D. the second shot is my favorite of the two;)

**Well, i had a GREAT day at dads today, a REAL NICE guy and his 17yr old son stopped by to check out how i set dads layout up to run DC or DCC with just the flip of a toggle switch:thumb:. dad and i had a good time, and we think they did too:thumb::D. heres a few pics i am throwing in for this week. the first two are of dads NEW GP7 i put lights and an MRC Brilliance sound decoder in, both the pics are from his layout:thumb:. the other three pics are off my layout, the one with the old UP gon is for Tom;).

GREAT PICS SO FAR FOLKS!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!:D -Deano View attachment 35631 View attachment 35632 View attachment 35633 View attachment 35634 View attachment 35635

Attachments

• wpf4a.JPG
    wpf4a.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 204
  • wpf4b.JPG
    wpf4b.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 208
  • wpf4c.JPG
    wpf4c.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 207
  • wpf4d.JPG
    wpf4d.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 204
  • wpf4e.JPG
    wpf4e.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 201

Jon Grant

Jun 6, 2004
Sunderland UK
www.railimages.com
Great photos guys.

One of my P2K S1s lurks in the scrap yard

CNW_15_.JPG

and a GP9 rolls throught Sweethome with a local freight

photo1.JPG

Jon

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Great pics everyone..:thumb: Keep em comin...

Must just be my luck but it seems like I've been a day late and a dollar short...:D In the first set of pics I posted a going away shot of a CR caboose, well it happend again..I caught Westbound 97 climbing up out of Scottsburg, so I thought I could beat him over to PT Jct.. NOT! I got there to just as he was goin into the Tunnel and all I got was a going away shot of the caboose.. Again!:eek:ops:

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 154

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Steve
Great looking steamer!

Ralph
Cool scene!

Chessie4155
Great shot of the Conrail loco poking its nose out!

Deano
Awesome shots!

Jon
Great looking loco!

Chessie4155
Some more cool shots!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
I don’t have any special shots this weekend. I was too busy to set something up.

I did make some trees as shown:
Layout_001a.jpg

Layout_002a.jpg

Also here are some overall shots of the RK&M. This are in disarray as you can see. That happens when parts are under construction as the Drexel Ridge is. These are not the greatest since one of my overhead lights is on the fritz.

The Water Tower Diorama is in the background here:
Layout_003a.jpg

The Cement Distributor in the foreground with the Passenger Station Diorama behind it.
Layout_004a.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Approaching Drexel Ridge with the Grain Elevator Diorama to the right.
Layout_005a.jpg

Looking back at the Passenger Station Diorama and the Cement Distributor:
Layout_006a.jpg

The Farm House Diorama with Drexel Ridge to the left:
Layout_007a.jpg

Here is the other side of the Drexel Ridge where the town will be:
Layout_008a.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Jon, WOW!!!:eek: FANTASTIC SHOTS!:thumb: your layout really looks AWESOME!:thumb: would love to see more of it.:D

Josh, THANK YOU!, for the complement on the UP gon:D.

Mark, NICE SHOTS!!:thumb: :thumb: i like your stories behind them too!:thumb: :D

Tom, THANKS!, for the complement:D. and THANK YOU!, for the progress tour of your layout!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and last pic made me feel right at home:D. looks like you have a lot to do, but what you have done so far REALLY LOOKS GREAT!:thumb: i am looking forward to seeing where you put those NEW trees;). GREAT JOB TOM!:D

**heres a couple more pics i am adding into the mix:thumb:. "A couple of UP's tunnel motors head east with a string of containers;)." i have three tunnel motor engines, two of them i have posted a few times(the UP SD45-T2, and the UP patched SP SD45-T2), but this time i thought i would put my UP patched SP SD40-T2 in for the shot:thumb:. i don't post that engine much, don't know why, its a GREAT engine;).

GREAT PICS!!!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!:D -Deano
UPSD45-T2c.JPG
SD40-T2UPpatched.JPG

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Very good and interesting pics this week, guys. So I think I have to contribute to this thread, too. Looking out of my office window this morning, that’s what I saw::D

View attachment 35699

Attachments

• Img_2070.jpg
    Img_2070.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 122

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Thanks for the compliments everyone!

eightyeightfan1 said:
Hey Tom...I don't remember you taking a pic of my workbench.

The worst part about it is I am expecting two more boxcar kits, one ACF covered hopper ( another pink Ralston-Jefferson), two Athearn TOFC kits, 2 more Walthers heavyweight passenger cars and a P2K sound B&O E8A/B. I am not sure if the pile can take it. Oh, I forgot there were two Athearn six-packs (LNE 2-bay hoppers, and MDT steel reefers) missing from the pile.

UP SD40-2 said:
Tom, THANK YOU!, for the progress tour of your layout!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: the 3rd, 5th, 6th, and last pic made me feel right at home:D. looks like you have a lot to do, but what you have done so far REALLY LOOKS GREAT!

When I started the layout rebuild I decided to make complete scenes or almost complete scenes. That way I would get a feeling I accomplished something and also have a place for photos. Some day the Great Pink Desert will be filled in.

UP SD40-2 said:
i am looking forward to seeing where you put those NEW trees

They are going on top of Drexel Ridge near the Grain Elevator. Some may go on the hillside by the Hunting cabin.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Kurt, GREAT SHOT!!!:thumb: i am thinking you should post a few more;).:D

Jack, i REALLY like your Cargill grain elevator!:thumb:, all the extras you added to it really made it AWESOME!;) :D

Tom, THANK YOU!, for filling me(us) in on your layout plans:thumb:. VERY NICE, THANK YOU!:D

GREAT PICS SO FAR FOLKS!:thumb: ......GOT MORE?:D :D -Deano

Status
Not open for further replies.