PHOTO FUN week of 2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

Well, looks like I'M going to start this weeks PHOTO FUN thread:thumb:.

BIG DAY FOR ME!:D went to the BIG MADISON SHOW TODAY!!!:D :D :D :D :D had a GREAT TIME!:thumb: bought 2 NEW ENGINES!:D these bring my engine total up to 61 ENGINES!!!:thumb: one engine i could NOT pass up was a Proto2000 BL2, i know most think they are ugly:rolleyes:, but i always liked them, problem was, NONE of the roads i am into had them:(. i seen this undecorated BL2 for $45.00 NEW, at that price I COULDN'T PASS IT UP!:D I found out that Chicago & Eastern Illinois had 2 of these, so thats what i will paint it up as:thumb:.

SHOW TIME! Here are some pics of SOME of the stuff i bought TODAY:D. NONE of this stuff has been weathered yet, just pulled from the bags.
1- a Hooker cyl hopper(i just love this cartooth1).
2-Milwaukee Road 50' box
3-Rio Grande covered hopper
4-WSOR covered hopper(anyone get the feeling a roll by with covered hoppers is coming soon;)tooth1).
5-UP SD60M(will go PERFECT with my UP SD70M:thumb:).
6-undecorated BL2(...yea, like i really needed another new project:rolleyes:).

ITEMS NOT PICTURED; 2 Loksound decoders, a NEW FM book, a NEW UP book, 8 dwarf signals, and a NEW UP coffee cup(like i really needed another onetooth1).
:D-Deano View attachment 35115 View attachment 35116 View attachment 35117 View attachment 35118 View attachment 35119

Attachments

• DSC03734.JPG
    DSC03734.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC03757.JPG
    DSC03757.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC03761.JPG
    DSC03761.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC03785.JPG
    DSC03785.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC03797.JPG
    DSC03797.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 209

CNWman

CNW Fan
I'll add pics of my new grain elevator asssembled, but I need the camera recharged, and wait untill tomorow:D

Nazgul

Nice haul there Deano!!!!....I'm glad you didn't come home empty handed (as if that could happen;) )

Here's my contribution to photo fun:
F-7133.jpg

UP SD40-2

CNWman:wave:, batteries recharged yet?tooth1

Steve:wave:, THANKS!!!:D WOW!!!:eek: GREAT SHOT!!!:thumb: that F7 looks GREAT!, and your scenics look SLAP AWESOME!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: NICE JOB!:D
:D-Deano

Tommybza

Hey there ,
really like the camera work .i will like to get started shooting some of my own ,I do have some good back ground shots that I want to use for still pictures ,I guess the glare scares me any ideas on how to solve that .

Tommy ,

brakie

Deno Nice stuff ya got there! I really like that W&S covered hopper..:thumb:
Sounds like that was a good show.

Thanks for getting the show on the road..I have a flu bug and been stuck in bed or the bathroom since Friday.:(

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
YAY another roll-by from Deano, and this time with covered hoppers, O BOY, I AM GOING TO LIKE THIS ONE :thumb: :thumb: bounce7

I'll be submiting my photos for this weeks photo-fun in a couple minutes, gotta run them through photoshop :rolleyes: sign1

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
A trio of KP&W switchers haul a short local.

Attachments

• 2-8-2007-02.jpg
    2-8-2007-02.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 177

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
UP and BN cars I did...

last nite, They both have letter and paint fading and heavy weathering using black and grey washes. Both also have rusty trucks and couplers.

Atheran BN 50' Boxcar

Left Side

BN_50'_Boxcar_-_247908_-_Left_Side.jpg

Left Side Close-Up 1

BN_50'_Boxcar_-_247908_-_Left_BN_Logo_Close-Up.jpg

Left Side Close-Up 2

BN_50'_Boxcar_-_247908_-_Left_Side_1.jpg

Right Side

BN_50'_Boxcar_-_247908_-_Right_Side.jpg

Right Side Close-Up 1

BN_50'_Boxcar_-_247908_-_Right_1.jpg

Right Side Close-Up 2

BN_50'_Boxcar_-_247908_-_Right_Side_2.jpg

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Atheran UP 54' Covered Hopper

Left Side

UP_54'_CH_-_23400_-_Left_Side.jpg

Left Side Close-Up 1

UP_54'_CH_-_23400_-_Left_Side_Close-Up_1.jpg

Left Side Close-Up 2

UP_54'_CH_-_23400_-_Left_Side_Close-Up_2.jpg

Right Side

UP_54'_CH_-_23400_-_Right_Side.jpg

Right Side Close-Up 1

UP_54'_CH_-_23400_-_Right_Side_Close-Up_1.jpg

Right Dide Close-Up 2

UP_54'_CH_-_23400_-_Right_Side_Close-Up_2.jpg

Herc Driver

Great pictures everyone.

Trucklover - great weathering...you're getting better and better. I really like the work.

Nazgul - that photo rocks!

Deano - send a train show my way! Great buys.

Here's my pic's for this week. Finally the A+B+A consist is complete for my Santa Fe PA1 units (thanks to the family for letting me get exactly what I wanted for my birthday). Now, if I only had a layout longer than mine is now to run the entire Super Chief on.:eek:ops:

And I promise I'll stop posting pictures of these PA units after this...y'all probably tired of seein 'em...that is until I get that D&H PA2 from Precision Craft.:thumb:

Attachments

• Copy of P2180384.JPG
    Copy of P2180384.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 155
  • Copy of P2180389.JPG
    Copy of P2180389.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 155

spitfire

Great photo's guys!! :thumb:
Deano, I'm a huge fan of those cylindrical covered hoppers.
Nazgul, your rocks look totally real!! Ralph - nice consist and I like what you did with the backdrop. Trucklover, that is some very realistic weathering, especially the paint chipping on the ribs. HercDriver, that second shot is really nice - i love the trackage!

Val

UP SD40-2

Larry, THANKS!:D, the show was GREAT!:D sorry to hear your so sick:(, i hope today is the last day of the worst of it. get rest, and get well:thumb:.

Steven, THANK YOU!:D

Ralph, NICE SHOT!!!:thumb: i really like the new line you have, and those switchers really LOOK GREAT!:thumb: :thumb:

Josh, NICE WEATHERING!:thumb: the UP covered hopper is my fav of the two;). hey, don't get to excited about a "roll by" yet, i have to weather those cars, finish detailing the SD60M out, and i am redoing my SD70M for the shoot;), might not happen till next week. i'm also kinda tore between which SD50 to put in it, not sure if i want to use the patched Rio Grande, or my standard UP SD50tooth1. THANKS!:D

Mark, surely you have a pic or two that you haven't posted yet for this weeks contribution;):D.

Herc, NICE SHOTS!!!:thumb: i for one, don't think i could ever get tired of seeing those AWESOME PA's on your layout!:thumb:

Val, THANK YOU!:D i too, love those cyl hoppers:D. to be honest, that hopper was the ONLY DEAL, i DIDN'T get a deal on:(, but i liked it so much i just had to get it;):D.

REAL NICE WORK FOLKS!:thumb: :D -Deano
UPPATCHEDSD50.JPG
UPSD50.JPG

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
AAWWWW, guess I will have to wait, sigh, JK, I can wait sign1

Use the Rio Grande SD50, I like that one alot :thumb:

BTW, thanks Deano, Herc, and Val, for the nice compliments on my weathering :D :D :D :D

KEEP THE AWSOME Pics coming guys

chessie4155

Lookin good you guys:thumb: :thumb:
Here's a rare color shot from 1962. B&O F7As on the point of a hot Eastbound Auto Parts train.
Mark

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 151
Status
Not open for further replies.