Photo Fun for the week of 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiatFan

Jul 16, 2004
Update from last week. I have continued to work on the scene. The building is now (more or less) on the ground.

IMG_0787.jpg

Tom

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
chessie4155 said:
Nice commuter train Deano. Is that what is called a gallery car it's pulling?
Mark, THANKS for the complement:D. to answer your question....i'm not sure:eek:ops:, they might be called a "gallery car", i have always known them to be a "Pullman standard bi-level commuter coach";). i have 3 of these to go with my CNW F7 i converted to "commuter service". two of the coaches are "standard", and the third has "cab control". of all three, i like the "cab controlled coach" the best!:thumb: BTW, GREAT SHOTS!!!:thumb: i ALWAYS like to see scenes from your layout!:D

Steven, i thought about changing the F7 to #411 to match what the IRM has(they too have 2 standard coaches, and one cab controlled unit:D), but i was going for the same CNW commuter that went right through here, Beloit, and stopped here twice a day from Madison to Chicago all the way up until the mid 60's:thumb:. that commuter was the same setup i have:thumb:.

Tom(TomPM), THANK YOU!, for the kind words:D. ALWAYS a PLEASURE to see your AWESOME WORK!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :D

Galen, NICE bobber caboose & wood tanker:thumb:.

Steve, THANK YOU!, you are TO KIND!:D FANTASTIC SHOTS THIS WEEK!!!:thumb: cripes, your a tough act to follow;).

Tom(FiatFan), NICE update pic:thumb:, the scene looks GREAT!:thumb:

:eek:ops: i know...i know, i wont post any more pics this week:eek:ops:, BUT I HOPE YOU FOLKS DO!:thumb: :D-Deano View attachment 35232 View attachment 35233 View attachment 35234

Attachments

• DSC05008.JPG
    DSC05008.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC05014.JPG
    DSC05014.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC05017.JPG
    DSC05017.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 136

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
joesho.....I have two old fluorescent fixtures that give me almost all my light....problem is they are in the middle of the ceiling and my layout is up against the wall....but the layout is on wheels and when I'm working in the back, I roll it out to the center of the floor and I try to take as many pics as I can......someday I will upgrade the lighting. That "to-do" list just keeps getting longer and longer:D

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Deano, I do remember reading that when you were detailing the CNW F7 pictured here. I just thought that since you are a fan of IRM you may have painted one up to match the F7 they have

MadHatter

Charging at full tilt.
Jan 27, 2007
Centurion, South Africa
TomPM and chessie4155 looks like your B&O and C&O/Chessie takes the cake this week for me.

Deano, as usual love the BIG UP loco pics!! Nice C&NW scene too!

Nazgul your pic really makes a person feel like they are right in the scene, I can just imagine thos noises too.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Larry:wave:, NICE PIC!:thumb: i like that Indiana Harbor switcher:thumb:, and i haven't seen one of those boxcars.

joesho:wave:, NICE PIC!:thumb:

Steven:wave:, i considered doing the F7 as the one at IRM;). the IRM is the SECOND favorite place i like to be at:thumb:(#1 favorite would be a UP yard;):D).

Heath:wave:, GREAT SHOT!:thumb:

MadHatter:wave:, THANK YOU for the complements, you are very kind:D.

I'M UP FOR SEEING SOME MORE PICS FROM YOU FOLKS!:thumb:
:D -Deano

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
Here is a shot of my current project, just trying to get this roundhouse finished up. I am almost to a stopping point so I can try and make more progress else where on the layout.
Freelancer

Attachments

• Office.jpg
    Office.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 130

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
New Project...

Freelancer, NICE BUILDING:thumb:, AWESOME TREES!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Josh, NICE DD40AX!:thumb:

Hey folks:wave:, my project for the next two nights is putting in an MRC Brilliance sound decoder, and DCC compatible lights in my Dads NEW CNW GP7:thumb::D.

announce1 The NEW MRC Brilliance EMD switcher sound decoder is -BAR NONE- the BEST sounding decoder for old GP's and a PERFECT MATCH for ANYONE that wants the TRUE SOUND of an MP15:thumb:. (PART#0001643) i tell you what folks, i have heard MANY old GP's at the IRM:D, and hear UP's MP15DC's at least 3 times a week:thumb:, THIS SOUND DECODER IS A GOOD MATCH FOR OLD GP's, and a DEAD MATCH FOR MP15's!!!:thumb:

i bought an Atlas MP15DC with QSI, and even though i ALWAYS thought QSI had GREAT sounds, the ONLY engine i have that has QSI and DOES NOT sound like the real engine is...my MP15DC:(. this NEW MRC Brilliance switcher sound decoder sounds so DEAD ON to the MP15DC's that run in UP's Belvedere yard, i am considering CHANGING THE QSI OUT FOR IT!:eek: :eek: :eek: DON'T GET ME WRONG, like i said, the ONLY engine i have that has QSI that i DON'T like the way it sounds, is in my MP15DC;), i TOTALLY LOVE the rest of my QSI equipped engines:D. :D -Deano View attachment 35326 View attachment 35327

Attachments

• gp7.JPG
    gp7.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 88
  • gp7a.JPG
    gp7a.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 88

Freelancer

Oct 24, 2002
Utah
www.yardlimit.com
ocalicreek said:
Freelancer - great trees! (the roundhouse looks nice too..) SO did you make them or buy them, and if you made them, how'd you do it?

Galen thanks for the compliment!

The tree armatures are made from sagebrush, with a thin piece of polyfiber stretched over the branches. Spray it with cheap hairspray and sprinkle a couple of colors of ground foam over it. It usually takes a couple of applications so I put some newspaper underneath it to catch any excess so that it can be reused. After it dries, take a pair of scissors and cut away any stray strands of polyfiber.

I am pretty pleased with the results, but a lot of them seem to look kind of flat.:confused:

Freelancer

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Freelancer,

I think it's your judicious use of foam, combined with using various colors and trimming the additional fiber strands that carry this basic technique to the next level. Keeping the foam light gives it that airy look and trimming the polyfiber really gives it a clean appearance. It's steps like these, IMO, that don't add that much time to the process but pay big divedends in appearance. Thanks again for sharing!

Maineiac

New Model Railroader
Feb 27, 2007
Maine
Thanks guys, I love the pics. They are so inspiring to beginners like me that don't have our layouts built yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.