Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
I guess I'll start it off:

Along the Twin River
sky2.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Steve:wave:, WOW!!!:eek: thats one FANTASTIC SHOT!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: GREAT way to start off this weeks Photo Fun!:thumb:

I'm going to put some UP EMD's in:D. Here's an SD70M, and an SD60M, both head out of Wisconsin to Chicago in late spring;)(I've had enough winter:D). :D -Deano View attachment 35208 View attachment 35209

Attachments

• UP SD70M a.JPG
    UP SD70M a.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 287
  • UP SD60M a.JPG
    UP SD60M a.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 280

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Nazgul: WOW! Nice shot. I can almost hear the rumble from the trestle and the rippleing of the water in the creek.

Deano: Thats some big power, but, UP is well known for their big power. Good job detailing those engines and your scenery is excellent too.

Here's my contribution for the week. First shot is keeping with Deanos Spring Theme. Time to put the top down and go for a cruise around town.. Second shot is a rare shot of a Western Maryland unit way out here on the Western Division, Indiana sub. ..He's a long ways from home rails.
Mark

Attachments

• 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 267
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 280

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Steve
Great shot! The river and bridge are awesome!

Deano
Great looking locos!

Chessie4155
Great shots! The last reminds me of growing up alongside the B&O’s Philadelphia Subdivision and seeing WM, B&O, and C&O power. There was also Reading and some CNJ thrown in there too.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Roundhouse Old Time NYO&W Reefer
Interchange_2007_01_005a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse Old Time Sun Oil Tank Car. This is a friend’s car that I am weathering.
Interchange_2007_01_007a.jpg

MDC/Roundhouse custom painted and decaled L&NE NE caboose
Interchange_2007_01_006a.jpg

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
A couple items

Here's a bobber caboose and an old wooden tank car.

The bobber is the Bachmann model that came out around the same time as their Spectrum 3-truck shay. In fact, I have made cut-outs in the foam in my shay box to fit this crummy and the water car. If/when I ever get ahold of the MDC two-pack log cars (or some other cars that I decide I like as much or better) then I'll make spots for them too and have a complete logging train in a box.

View attachment 35213

The caboose has been modified by removing the molded on grab-irons and marker lights then adding new grabs. Paint, lettering and weathering are obvious, but the window glazing is not as much - it's micro crystal clear from micro-mark, and needs to be redone on a couple windows. Eventually the end railings and cupola will be replaced, but for now it's fine.

View attachment 35214

The water car is from IHC. It won a prize in my club 'liquid handling car' contest. The water running down the sides is CA drizzled in place. A drop step on one end is really the only added detail. I really like the IHC old-timer cars because the whole underframe is cast metal so it really rolls well.

The grass in the pictures is Silflor from Scenic Express. I love this stuff! And the proto-tree in the background is still under construction...another thread, perhaps, someday. Now I just need a nice photo backdrop of a distant Appalachian ridge and bright blue sky instead of that orange-peel textured wall. Also I'm realizing the lighting needs to come forward a bit...the shadows are too stark. I may try it with a fill light in the front to see what that does for the next round of pictures. I took these for the yardbirdtrains Yahoo group but thought I'd post 'em here too.

Steve - fantastic shot! A bit of balast and rust on that track and it'd be a shoe-in for the Walther's catalog, I'd bet! And Tom - a really nice steam-era local freight. Great work, everybody!

Attachments

• P1040237.JPG
    P1040237.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 260
  • P1040241.JPG
    P1040241.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 257

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words about my pic:thumb: :thumb:
Deano, Mark, Tom, Galen....those are all wonderful shots (great scenes and great equipment):thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:. It is amazing how much there is to see in each and every one of these pictures.....really awesome work guys!!!!:)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Galen
Neat looking cars!

Deano
Great shots!

Here is a shot of my just weathered P2K B&O E7A coming out of the tunnel:
BandOpassenger_008a.jpg

Hauling my recently numbered and weathered Walthers B&O Heavyweight coaches:
BandOpassenger_009a.jpg

BandOpassenger_010a.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Tom:wave:, FANTASTIC JOB weathering that E7!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: those cars look GREAT behind her too!:thumb: :D -Deano

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Nice commuter train Deano. Is that what is called a gallery car it's pulling?

Nice weathering job Tom. A light touch,just enough to make it look like its been out working.

Here's a shot taken out the second story window. This is Eastbound Cumberland 96 passing the Depot.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 203

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Everyone is posting some great shots so far!

Deano, I'm a little surprised you didn't go with number 411 instead, since the Illinois Railway Museum owns that particular loco with a few of those passenger cars

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
These are some GREAT pictures!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Mark, the way you set your shots up is always sweeeeeet!
thumbsup.gif
I learn a lot seeing how you do it
smile.gif

Tom, I love that color scheme and the weathering looks just right:thumb:
Deano, I want to thank you for all of your help in trying to teach me how to set up a shot and HOW TO USE THE STUPID CAMERA!!!:D :D ....Thanks DEANO!!!!!!

I will throw another out here:

In Passing
photos0242.jpg

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Steve, your pictures just keep getting better! I hope I can get my layout to look as nice as yours, although I won't be doing rockwork. Did you weather the rails at all, in that last picture it doesn't look like it to me

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
I gotta say, when I saw the "In Passing", my first thought was, "who died?" __________________
Galen
Hey...NP is a fallen flag after all:cry: tooth1

Did you weather the rails at all, in that last picture it doesn't look like it to me
Steven...I airbrushed the track with a medium brown....I like the way the ties came out but I do agree that the rails could be darker....I have that on my extensive "to-do" list:D :
View attachment 35231

Attachments

• Twin River RR 110 small.jpg
    Twin River RR 110 small.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.