Photo Fun 4-25-08

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
hello all---Tom,great consist---you should call it "The Cheech and Chong Special" with all those reefers rolling along sign1

here's some MOW equipment that Doctor Wayne created for me

110406006.jpg

110406004.jpg

T

Tim Crowe

Here's what I get up to at weekends;

dozer.JPG

Small dozer used to doze levels - here putting in the final layer of ballast before sleepers go in

TRM.JPG

Track Relaying Machine (TRM) used to install sleepers by the length (60ft) Getting a bit old now but still my favorite for putting sleepers back in.

Kirow.JPG

A Kirow crane, can lift up to 120 tons. Mainly used for lifting S&C units into place. Comes in three parts; crane, counterweight and support wagon / lifting beam. Looks good but can be slow going.

I would show pictures of holes in the ground where the track used to be - but they all looked a bit dull.

Biased turkey

Apr 10, 2006
Montreal, Canada Eh
Nice and interesting pictures Tim Crowe.
I remember seeing a video on the Discovery channel here in Canada about how they do track maintenance in England.
They have a huge machine that can do the whole track replacement in just 1 shot.

Jacques

P.S. Liverpool FC "You'll never walk alone"

T

Tim Crowe

I used to work on it - It is called a Track Renewals Train (TRT) - an american machine.

It would remove the existing sleepers and rail and replace them with new ones. It could relay about 2,000 yards in one go without resupply.

I think there are now several of them in the U.K.

It would not change the ballast - so we would follow up afterwards with a Ballast cleaner.

I will try to dig up some photos

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
Have you ever had that door on a structure that just didn't look right without a light over it? I had just such a door and did something about it.

This is a view in the light.

P1010005-30.jpg

Here it is with the room lights off.

P1010001-64.jpg

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
You're right, Jeff, lazy as I can be, I try to light everything up. I use 1.6mm LEDs as I've had too many incandescents burn out on me with no hope to replace them. My boarding house/ladies clothier got the full treatment...

studio8.jpg

studio9.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Wow ! Shagetz the lights really enhance an already fine model. The flashing show from the front window is cool but I especially like the illuminated "Rooms" sign at night.

Ralph

DeckRoid

Apr 28, 2007
Caldwell, ID
Shaygetz,

I really like the idea of using LEDs to light things up. I am not sure, there was no sound when I played the video, but I could have sworn I heard some thumping music coming from that clotheir.

Seriously though, nice job. When I get to the point of lighting my layout, I believe I shall 'borrow' your idea and stick LEDs on my buildings and flood lamps. We have a local electrician shop that sells them dirt cheap.

George

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Thanks, guys. The building was a junk box rescue, an old Revell kit from the 60s. The flasher circuit was stripped from an old toy. Charlie, the fan came from a window casting leftover from an engine house kitbash, I just cut it out of that frame and fit it to this one.

L

lester perry

Tom you fast reefer looks like it is almost doing a wheely getting started
Les