Photo contests November & December

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Just thought I would give you all a chance to get ready for the November 1st photo contest which is "Prototype photo's only" and must have been taken by the person submitting it, otherwise copyright comes into play.

Now, here is something new for the December 1st contest. "Photo of a Scratchbuilt Structure or project" Must be your own work, so get cracking people.

Shamus

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Shamus I thought Dec. was the magic contest again? Which I can't enter of course. Are you saying it's not? Also does the scratchbuilt structure have to be on a layout or diorama or just sitting on the workbench and do we need shots from several different angles?

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Tyson,
I thought a scratchbuilding project might be kind of fun as all members whether they have a railroad or not can enter, plenty of time to make something. Can be on the dinning room table or sitting on the workbench or on the railroad. and Yes, that might be a good idea of having various angles of the project limited to three photo's per person I thing otherwise it might run away with far too many photo's to handle.
The Magic contest will be available for members in January if they still want it.

Shamus

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Something I Can Enter!!

I was saddened by the fact that I simply could not scrape together enough time to complete an entry for the bridge and trestle contest, but I take heart from the idea of a structure contest. I have one that is 90% complete, and look forward to entering. :) :)

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Originally posted by t. alexander
Can the project be of something other than a structure? Like rolling stock or engine's etc.
Or mabey that would make a good contest by it's self.

t.
Yes, so long as it's scratchbuilt, doesn't matter what it is.

Shamus

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Originally posted by shamus

Yes, so long as it's scratchbuilt, doesn't matter what it is....

I take it this means no kit parts, or commercial components...?

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Charlie, the use of some odds and ends like chimney's/doors/windows etc for scratchbuilding a structure is okay, same goes for scratchbuilding a loco, (Wheels/motor/valve gear etc) or what ever project you are making, if it needs something like that then thats fine.

Shamus