Photo contest questions

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Jon, first of all thank you for archiving the Photo contest pictures. :thumb:

When I was browsing through these collections I had an idea:

Would it be possible to attach the respective ranking list to each month's pictures? Or perhaps only the first three places of that month?

On the other hand: Would be desirable at all to have such a list? :confused:

Question is if I am alone with this wish??? Perhaps we could dicuss or vote about this in a separate thread. (It wouldn't make much sense if you had the work to do this and I am the only one interested in this added ranking list.)

Ron

F

Fred_M

IMHO just the winner is enough, if we even need that. This is a friendly competition more geared at getting some other peoples cool layout pictures posted for the rest of us to see and admire. I've seen results when if you posted the top three finishers you would have to list almost everyone who submitted a picture. :) Lots of third places get just 1 vote and might be 5 or 10 of them that get 1 vote. Everyone who enters IS A WINNER in my opinion. FRED

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
You're welcome Ron, glad to hear the effort produced a desired result.

Before the "Big Crash of 2004" I had located the winners of all but Dec 2003 and entered the winners name at the start of each archive. I plan to search and locate as much of that information as I can soon. I won't have any information on runners up on past contests. Maybe we should list winners and runners up in the future, but I agree with Fred, they are all winners. I just can't afford to send the grand prize horn hook coupler to each enterar :D :D :D

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Val - I'll start the Nov/Dec contest soon after the Oct contest is over. The Oct contest will end around the 15th. It was an extended contest.

The Nov/Dec contest will also be extended to get us back on the normal monthly cycle. Since it will cover Dec., we'll make it the same theme as last year, Christmas (or any other winter holliday) or winter scene.