Phoenix swap - my finds

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
We had another swap meet here in Phoenix today and I almost didn't go. In the past, it almost takes as long to wait in line as it does to walk through all the aisles. Today was an exception. I arrived at 9a.m. sharp, waited in line for 3-4 minutes and spent the next hour and a half poking my way through, scrounging through boxes and thoroughly enjoying myself.
What I took away -
When people saw what I was carrying around, I was asked several times, "What scale do you model?" I simply replied with a mischievous grin, "All of 'em!"
I started off finding just a couple little N scale water towers and I truly thought that would be it. But then....
...one G scale livestock car and two gondolas...
P1000264_low_res.jpg

...since nobody seemed to have any bags, I put one of the newly acquired gondolas to work...
P1000277_low_res.jpg

Down in front, you can see I got myself an HO Spectrum Doodlebug! I've always wanted one of these but really had no reason to need one. That's exactly what I told the guy too. We bickered and bargained a little and I got him down to $10. He said it runs good but... we'll see!

Next out of the gondola are the N scale water towers and a little crane.
P1000279_low_res.jpg

Last up is a trio of N scale buildings by Kato. They look Japanese in flavor to me but I bet I can "Americanize 'em" without a whole lot of trouble. Besides, at $5 each, I couldn't hardly pass 'em up.
P1000281_low_res.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Your G scale stuff looks nice, have you started your G-Scale layout?
I have, but it's slow going. I've put a lot of work into a retaining wall and now I've decided I'd rather do it a different way. I'll post some pics soon.

N

nachoman

I like the kato high-rises. The one on the left looks 'American' enough to me as-is. The one in the middle looks like a 1950s physics building at any given university :)

Kevin

abutt

Jan 11, 2006
NW CT, USA
Vanishing Item???

Boy...Talk about finds. How about things you can't find, like Kemtron switch machines, or any double coil switch machines. I just missed an auction on Ebay for two Kemtron machines. Not because I was outbid, I fell asleep. Now all we have is these complicated under the layout types. Who needs them? Everyone forgot how to hide them in track-side buildings? If anyone out there has a couple, please email me. I'm in Connecticut.:wave:

Allan