Phila, PA Yard Pics

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Hi, I went train hunting. And "caught" some just sitting there waiting to be photographed. :)

Yes we checked with the Forman & he was gracious to let us take some pics "As long as we didn't go across the tracks" :) :) :)

These pics are large files. I wanted to show as much detail as I could.

All pics were taken with a Sony Mavica CD-400 ASA 200 (Night Setting) for about 2 seconds, using a tripod.

Please --- All pics are (C) 2003 N Gauger..... You can use them, just e-mail me before you do. Thanks!!!!!

Amtrak Engine 823
pic16.jpg

Amtrak Diesel
pic29.jpg

Front view of Amtrak Diesel
pic38.jpg

Metroliner going by Philadelphia skyline
pic35.jpg

NJ transit sitting next to Amtrak Engine
pic41.jpg

Close up of NJT Electric
pic37.jpg

A view of the "High Line" through Phila
pic57.jpg

The Phila. Skyline
pic24.jpg

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Mikey, those night shots are great! It is always amazing, how the colors turn out quite different from what we THINK to see - e.g. the bright orange flank of this Amtrak Geep.

Years back I made lots of night shots of railroads, especially in rainy and snowy nights. Unfortunately they are all on slides, and I can't copy them into a form which makes sense on the internet. Nowadays I became a bit too lazy to go out in cold and wet nights for hunting trains. But as long as you are young, the results are worth the effort. Your pics are the proof for that!

Ron

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Thanks guys!! :)

Dave: It's not that difficult - otherwise I wouldn't do it. LOL

I just set the camera at 2 seconds at the largest f stop (about 2) and then bracketed the shots...... 1 second & then 3 seconds.

I took 36 pics & ended up with 20 good ones. The real reason is the "fun & adventure" of actually doing it. :D :D :D

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by LiveSteamer
I do agree with you. It would be nice to see the old steam engines. I was born too late to see them run. The newer power is nice too. I do like some of the new power that is out. Did you check out my website? The Independent Live Steamers?

Yep!! Looks great!!! I like the M1 :) :)

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I dunno...

...I guess I'm impatient. I took 2 swipes at this thread- read the kudos- here I sit- 5 minutes later waiting for the epiphany.

Oh wait- it'll be 2 minutes now!

I can't wait!!!

Mark