Pfalz D.IIIa from Dewaynes site

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cgutzmer, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Clashster

Clashster Member

Very nice, Chris! Looks like you fixed your other issue?? Doing a great job! Thanks for the update!!

Chris
  2. barry

barry Active Member

damn fine build so far
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Nope, didnt fix it - I just took the shots strategically ;) I am fairly pleased with it again ;) My daughter really likes it and thats what matters :) I just gotta get it done so my son quits harrassing me ;) Thanks for the kind words!
    Chris
  4. Clashster

Clashster Member

Love those strategic shots! :grin: I think it may be a way of life for me!!:roll:

Chris
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Chris, I hope you also will be doing a thread on your son's... er... P-40?
    Anyway, keep it up with the Pfalz.
  6. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Looking good! I still haven't built mine but with your thread and GB's it should be a lot easier.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Good deal - thats why I am doing it :)

Gerardo - yes, there will be a build thread!
    Chris
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well I got the landing gear on. Looks pretty decent and went together quite nicely. It kinda brings the wing warp back more visibly though. I forgot to take pics today but I will get some up on friday for sure. All thats left is the prop and the guns :)

***important note to future builders***
    Put the guns on before the top wing. Its going to be kind of hard to get to now.... I was trying to follow the numbering sequence and the order that Carl made his in works much better than going by the numbers.
    Chris
  9. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Well folks, she is a done deal! I haven't posted but I have lots of pictures to follow..... First the landing gear attached
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the tail skid attached:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The guns before putting them on because I found them to be a bit more difficult than they should have been because no detail pics with the model:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the guns mounted (not the greatest pics, might try more later):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and the final result! (damn it was cold out - I hurried so they may not be the best, might take some more inside later after finishing my taxes)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All in all this was a very nice build. It ended up being more difficult than expected. Partly because it didn't have as many parts as I expected (and often less parts means easier) but this was well made up with the art work of Marek. Second because Carl made it look so easy in his thread. :D All in all it went together very well. Any issues with fit were my fault. Partly because I had never put this type of fuselage together before and partly because I am still learning. I recommend this type of plane to anyone that has a couple other planes under their belt.
    Chris
  10. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Congratulations! Great job! I wish I could build as fast as you guys (which is why I don't post build threads).
  11. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Very nice job Chris. All this biplane work makes me want to get one!

Rick
  12. josve

josve Active Member

Congrats with the build Chris!!
    Well done job on this one!!
  13. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Beautiful job Chris, now you have a weekend ahead of you, what's next?
  14. dfarrell

dfarrell Member

Looks good! thanks for posting all the photos. I have one of these in my "To build" pile, and your photos have been very informative.
  15. Clashster

Clashster Member

Great job, Chris! Great photos and very nice build! Looking forward to the build for your son!!! BTW, what is all that white stuff in the background of your pictures? Never seen anything like that in these here tropics!:grin:
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

RMKS - it was sloooooow. Start a thread, its nice to go back and see your own progress sometimes and it helps keep ya focused!

Commander - I am going to do two builds at once- my sons plane and papertrains caboose beta build. :D

dfarrell - hope they help - golden bear has a build I archived to the reserves of a similar plane - check it out too. It was invaluable to me!

Clash - very funny you bum, man was it cold out there!

Everyone else - thanks for the comments - its appreciated!
    Chris
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Great job Chris!
    Wow, that sunshine really brings out the colors, especially with all that white stuff out there!
    Nice way to complete such a beautiful bird! Congrats!

Russell
  18. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

Looks neat, Chris! I keep looking at all the vesions of this model with envy, but I don't think I'm ready to tackle one yet. Maybe after a couple more Stukas, but if I do one, I'll definitely be checking back on this thread! Thanks for all the info and photos.
    Chris
  19. Texman

Texman Guest

Congratulations Chris! It is a nice feeling of accomplishment when you post the finishing pics, isn't it?
    And, oh my, it certainly is, uhmmm, BIG!
    Ray
  20. Gil

Gil Active Member

Whoa! Finished, Done, Complete. What's next?

Hi Chris,

Congrats on the build! The atmospherics for the photos was great but you have to be quick otherwise the battery quits. Go see Al Gore's movie and warm up a bit...,

-Gil