Pfalz D.IIIa from Dewaynes site

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cgutzmer, Jan 5, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Hey I like that look. probably not how this plane was made though so we shall see!
    Chris
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

That almost sounded like an apology for something? I hope not! I thought it was how that one was designed on the original real plane! I really like that look better than the single manifold myself. I will ahve to go look at some real pics now. I didnt really want to work today anyway!
    Chris
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Looked for pics all over the place and not too much luck. I did find an article about the one you built Carl and it was supposed ot have the 6 straight pipes - that was a noted difference! :)
    Chris
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

My web host just took a big digger and lost most of my files. my backup is also corrupt. I am trying to get them back.... wish me luck...
    Chris
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

All fixed I think.

Progress so far tonight. Engine inserted then saw I forgot a darn part. I think there is still room..... Also tail section is complete! Everything was a great fit and went together extremely well.
    Chris

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Beautimus maximus!
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

glad you can see the pics commander! (even better that you like it) It seems many people cant.... my webhost switched to a new server. If you cant see the pics of the tail and inserted engine I apologize. You will be able to see them when the new dns propogates out to your isp's routers. Some only flush them once a week.... :(
    Chris
  8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

woo hoo! 2 can see them :) yeah its a nice bright plane - best thing is the red and green sharpies match the color perfectly. well nearly so anyway. The red is almost impossible to see any difference. I think sharpies are still my favorite edge coloring tool.
    Chris
  9. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

I'm not sure of what you just said, or even if it was english, but the pics all came out and came out well. Careful with the sharpies, too much and you can get a little bleed, but it looks like you've mastered these well. What's next?
  10. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I tried prismacolor markers that so many people say works great for them and I hate those. They bleed horribly for me. Even if I go super quick and barely press it bleeds. Maybe there are more than one type....

Water color pencils are decent too. SOmeday I might try the actual water color with a brush but frankly I find it scary to get water that close to my models :)
    Chris
  11. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

I would like to find something better too. I'm using Fibracolor markers and while the don't bleed horribly bad, they still bleed too much for my taste. I've tried watercolor pencils but they are messy. Of course mixing real paint would produce the best result, but that's a pain!

Anyone got a recommendation of a brand of marker that might be best? Even if it's only one color - light gray?

Rick

12. shrike

shrike Guest

Crayola has a grey in their 10 marker set, but it's a little dark.

The big 100 marker set from Roseart (in the cheap kid's craft section) has a couple of greys and the whole set is around US$6.
  13. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Sorry all, I have been a poky little puppy lately. My first week as primary on call so kinda tired and stressed. I got the lower wings done a few days ago but havent had time to upload or build since then :( Here are many pics of how the formers go on. I figured I would take lots of pics since this was one of my major stress outs while trying to comprehend the diagrams!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  14. Alcides

Alcides Member

Man, I love the color of this model.

And your build looks very good.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thanks! the colors are why Charlotte picked it out :)
    Chris
  16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Real nice job so far Chris.

I have a few of these from DeWayne also which I need to get to work on some time.

Weekend is getting closer so you will be able to show us more soon, right?:)

Russell
  17. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

I know exactly what you mean. Right now I'm off the oncall duties, so I had 6 models on the workbench (2 done, 4 to go, DeWayne models also). Then rest in my oncall week.

The plane is looking great, you sure managed well the next moves. Is Charlotte happy so far? I bet she is.
  18. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yeah, she is real happy but Elliot keeps harrassing me to finish it and start his model. He keeps changing his mind.

I am primary on call for the weekend too so I am locked in the house pretty much. My dad is taking the kids so I will hopefully have lots of time (just jinxed that real bad.....)

Whats your next model gonna be Russell? Werent you gonna beta something?
    Chris
  19. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Nice job so far, primary on call as in family practice?
  20. josve

josve Active Member

Great work Chris!!
    I really liked the top down view!