Peterbilt 377 A/E 1:24 Betexa

Discussion in 'Commercial & Civilian Vehicles' started by chapuzas100, Sep 13, 2010.

1. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

[​IMG]

This is a model I have bought long ago. I love the truck but no Spanish models for that reason I decided to assemble trucks is particularly striking. In particular this model I like the design of the cabin, is a relatively simple model with a medium level of detail, the paper is very hard but the texturing and metalic detail are excellent.

Less talk and more pictures

Here you can see the first images and the level of detail in my opinion is not very high

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In these pictures you can see the rear carriage with two suspensions and transmissions

[​IMG]

And now the front axle

[​IMG]

Un saludo
  2. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Looking good

Off to a great start chapuzas. I love this truck too and plan on building one 'someday'. It's great to see a build thread for one. I've looked at a few of the kits available (including this one) and often wondered how they would turn out.

I'm looking forward to seeing more progress.

Steve
  3. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

Hi Steve, first thanks for your comments, the model looks very good especially for its textured, although the role is very hard to work the result is very pleasing to the eye. The instructions (for me that is not English) are rather complicated and that I am guided by the schedules and they are not very good. Also I have to comment that has some bugs like pieces that have to go right and left and have designed two are alike. Another thing is that the model can be fitted with different levels of difficulty (I have chosen the most complex) and thus all the work ahorarte chassis and wheels.

Well, these are the progress. Begin to mount the wheels on the chassis and bridges mounted to rotate on its axis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Un saludo
  4. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

This is taking shape, I really liked the tone metal wheels

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had to paint all the edges of the paper with silver paint, and the result has been good.

Un saludo
  5. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

The interior cabin

[​IMG]

The "room"

[​IMG]

Curiously, there are two pages in the back are written instructions and letters are visible, I would have stuck a gray paper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More letters, but they will remain so.

[​IMG]

Now for the outside of the cabin [​IMG]
  6. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

The model is in its final stretch.

This is outside the cabin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now we must unite with the "room" with a small piece that makes your neck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To then assemble the parts that decorate the interior of the cabin. To me has been very "round" so that the form will be given definotiva the piece with the interior of the cabin.

[​IMG]

The truth is that leaving a large piece ("Room" + cab + nose) and is costing me a lot of work to handle even the provisional aspect is promising.

[​IMG]

Je... Je... This model sun will soon end.
  7. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

For this and comes to an end, I was surprised how well they fit the "guards" in Spain so we know the pieces that go over the front wheels.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

First I want to thank everyone for your comments. Here I leave some photos of the finished model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I will try to build a semitrailer from scratch, the M2000 Murray Trailers , :twisted:
  9. chunder

chunder Member

great job, would like to see the trailer build as well.
  10. inky

inky Member

Very good job on this Pete. I want to build it but when I do I am going to stretch the frame and put a 130in (330.2 cm) Double Eagle Sleeper on it. I build them in plastic but have been wanting to do one in paper.

Attached Files:

11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Nice collection of models there inky, I have to admit, I really like that black Impala down there. That would be a nice model in paper.
  12. inky

inky Member

Thank you Zathros. I do agree, it would be nice to see an Impala model designed.