Pershing missile and TEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slambot

Dec 4, 2008
Does anyone know if a kit exists of either the Pershing I or Pershing II missile and its associated TEL?

Slambot

Dec 4, 2008
That's amusing, it was actually the 'Streetpaper' site that I was looking at that made me think of the Pershing. I think there was a different TEL system for use in Germany (MAN perhaps?) from the one used stateside (Ford?)

Slambot

Dec 4, 2008
That would be cool. I can't believe that there is so little interest in it considering the controversy back in the early 80s. I am having a hard time even finding many pics of the system, other than the missile itself of course.

David H

Nov 2, 2005
I live in North Yorkshire
Now Fiddlers Green used to do a Cruise Missile system @ 1:50? but I cannot find it on their site.

In my mind the Cruise and Patriot trucks look very similar but I doubt they would ever travel in a convoy together... still a great idea for diorama if a little intensive on the wheel and tyre building!

D

D

Slambot

Dec 4, 2008
I think I remember seeing a GLCM and tel that was about that scale, but I can't remember who did it. For some reason I want to say that it was available at a site that was dedicated to the cruise missile and the guys who serviced them.

If memory serves me, there was another GLCM and Tel...I think using the MAN truck that was done by a guy named Caudoff or Caudillo, I think he also was a GLCM guy back in the 80s too. But I don't remember the scale or if it was the same model even.

I need to research that one.

The complete Patriot system including launcher, antennas and other vehicles would be an interesting set up though.

Slambot

Dec 4, 2008
Duhhhh.....Ron Caudillo and he is a member here! :)
The site I saw his GLCM at was dolloff.net

Status
Not open for further replies.