Penn Central Fans/Era Modelers- Connection with the future?

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Hi all, I just wanted to pass along a link to a really neat modeled Penn Central based web page- it's professional to the point of warranting the disclaimers.

There's a website that functions as a corporate identity as if the PC was still in operation and represents a model railroad. Since I model remnants/connections of the Reading/Pennsy/PC and love all the weird things I saw as the "colors" changed hands...

http://www.chescweb.com/pennco/

I barely have time to model so I think this effort to model a corporate website has an interesting twist. I'm new here so if this is old news- it's still good news to me (I didn't wanna hafta imagineer where all my traffic was coming from and why).

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
'magine...

'magine...

That's what I thought when I did a search for PC on the Net. I thought I'd found the PC's homepage, the Penn Central Corporation is still in business, but as a corporation- probably handling medical insurance claims, real estate, bean counting- etc.

Then I noticed the disclaimer on the bottom of the page!

Mark

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Well, now I hafta add HTML/Web Design...

Well, now I hafta add HTML/Web Design as part of The Greatest Hobby. That after having a wake up call from Blake- all about what camera and lens to use (hmmmmm, seems we had a discussion about airbrushes yesterday).

Thanks for adding the link Gary.

I'm always interested in how other modelers perceive and portray their own railroads.

Mark

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
After reading this post, I remembered seeing something in MR about the Great Lakes Eastern(Jan 2003 Pg.23)Its some sort of interactive model railroad club you can join(if I'm reading it right)
where you can buy cars, at a real cheap price by the looks. The John Galt Lines shook something loose in the memory banks also,, but I can't rember where I read about it.

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
The "Bookmarks" grow!

Hey there marty w., eightyeightfan1.

I gave the GLE site a quick look- it's 5:30 AM so I'll look at it tonight. That front page shot sure paints a "big time railroading" feel. The system map is sure ambitious.

My bookmarks in the "Railroad" section is growing and so are my own ambitions as far as the approach to my railroad.

Kewl link- that GLE!:cool:

Mark