pede gearing help

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by tippietoejoe, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timrock

timrock Active Member

oh ok.i see it now.this is the first time i see it
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

``Motor: Turns(winds) lower # = higher RPM
    higher # = lower RPM``(by masmtec)

mastmec,you should delete this too.this is incorrect
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member

this was what made me think you were alittle confused.it is often misunderstood.
  4. tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe New Member

Unfortunately I love these tires and rims so they must stay. The oil that I am running is 70 in the front and 80 in the back. these seems to help out alot. My bestfriend and I were talking this morning (the one with the Tmaxx) he somewhat explained the spur and pinion gears aswell. I am waiting for the snow to clear up here in Colorado springs so I can test out the 13 turn with a 14t pinion and 92t spur. I do have to say that I do love that 9 turn though. The hobby shop does sell a 110t spur but like you said combatcm I would have to change out the whole gear set up. I also might try out a 14t pinion just to see how that works.
  5. tippietoejoe

tippietoejoe New Member

Damn these numbers...lol...I meant to say that might try out a 16t pinion aswell...Hey Tim with a 13 turn motor (speedgems) this gives me more torque then the 9 turn right? Should I then gear for alittle more top end (larger pinion) then the 12t pinion I was running to begin with? If so how far do you think I could go 17t 18t? I do not want to lose too much of my bottom end though. Thanks again tim for the help.
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

well.like i said,useing those tires with a larger diameter,will up the ratio as it would if you put a bigger pinion on the motor so just try the tires first before you go with a bigger pinion.

also,with the 13turn you can go up a few more teeth in the pinion from what you were running with the 9turn.and yes,typicaly,a 13 turn would put out a bit more torque than a 9turn.but wont rev as high.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.